Thumbnail skin help

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
visual360media

Hi all. Am working on a skin that is basically a few thumbs in a box, with a arrow. Once clicked i have this arrow hide, and the thumbs go to the
left and off screen. Then i have a button appear facing into the screen, wen clicked the thumbs move back. Wat i really want though is,
'when thumbs are off screen, then the second arrow appears, currently, it is there too quickly, can it have a delay somehow, i.e, when thumbnail box has gone, then arrow appears,
and only then, not before.... thanks (hope that is clear)
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

OK, replying to myself.. But was thinking (and have tried) to move the arrow image (in its container) further off the stage, so therefore iot takes longer to move bak into view,
problem is though that it doesnt come back onto page... Is there a limit that the images etc in a skin can go off the page, i.e whats max minus fig it can go off the stage before
it wont appear back? Anyone?
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

Changed my design slightly so one arrow toggles element (so one click thumbs slide out, arrow reamins in view, onclick thumbs slide back).
Does the job nicely thanks
Kind regards,

John Goulding
Noisy

Hi
To do this (assuming AS3), I'd use the Tween class to change the x parameter of your thumbnail container and add an event listener for the COMPLETE event, I think there's an example in the flash help for that kind of thing .

somthing like

thumbTween = new Tween(thumbnailContainer, "x", Regular.easeIn, 0, 300, 3, true);
thumbTween.addEventListener(TweenEvent.MOTION_FINISH ,handleFinish);
arrowButton.addeventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,moveThumbs);

function moveThumbs(e:Event):void{
thumbTween.start();
}

function handleFinish(e:Event):void{
< code to show the second arrow etc.>
}

Alternatively you could put your thumbs in their own Movie clip and the code to show the second arrow in the frame at the end of the thumbs sliding off.
visual360media

Ah, thanks, but have now changed design slightly and achieved similar an easier way, thanks for the reply
Kind regards,

John Goulding