My client has no website -best way to deliver

Q&A about the latest versions
360Ed

Hi there all
-Newby here -but willing to learn...
After months of learning the ins-and-outs of panos,buying the equipment (10.5 Nikkor,NN3 etc), learning to stitch with PTGui and now learning Pano2VR (I still have to learn how to build virtual tours quick and easy) -I find that some of my potential customers are reluctant to use virtual tours because:
1) They don't want to spend the money to pay their webmasters to upload swf. tours and modify their sites.
2) They want them on DVD to show them of their laptops to potential customers.
3) Some don't HAVE a website and are used to showing clients a pic or two of their cellphones... (!!!)

What do I do? :(
I apologise for what may seem as a stupid question -but it is a deal-breaker with stingy real estate agents (and the like).
"Nice panoramas -but how do I show them to people if I don't have a website." -Quote from agent. Lol.

Any suggestions?
Many regards,
Ed
smooth

360Ed wrote:What do I do? :(
I apologise for what may seem as a stupid question -but it is a deal-breaker with stingy real estate agents (and the like).
"Nice panoramas -but how do I show them to people if I don't have a website." -Quote from agent. Lol.
Your options are wide and varied.
Using Pano2VR you can publish to HTML5 for Safari Browsers meaning you can display on iDevices or the Safari browser installed on a PC or MAC.
Using Flash De-Bug (Standalone) you can convert your (pano2vr) .swf file into a self contained .exe file for PC or .app for MAC via the Create "Projector" option. (File>Create Projector)
You could also "host" any panoramas you produce for your customers on your own web space and provide a link to your customers or webmasters for display in their own websites.

Other panorama programs have easy options to publish such as publish to web, publish to .swf, publish to .exe and convert to DVD.

The basis though of panorama display is via the web. You need to capitalise on this and maybe offer small websites to those who don't have one. Even if it is only a 1 page business card type with a panorama.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Ed

Hi Smooth
Thank you for the quick reply!
Using Flash De-Bug (Standalone) you can convert your (pano2vr) .swf file into a self contained .exe file for PC or .app for MAC via the Create "Projector" option. (File>Create Projector)
Were can I find "Flash De-Bug"? It sounds like an option.
Other panorama programs have easy options to publish such as publish to web, publish to .swf, publish to .exe and convert to DVD.
Would it be wrong to ask (in this forum) what other programs you're referring to?

Time is of the essence (yesterday would have been too late -lol).

I really appreciate the help and advise.

Many thanks again,
Ed
smooth

360Ed wrote:
Were can I find "Flash De-Bug"? It sounds like an option.
Download from Adobe here
The program does not install. You just run it from the .exe file. I choose to place it in my Adobe folder in Program files and create a shortcut to it.
360Ed wrote:
Would it be wrong to ask (in this forum) what other programs you're referring to?
*Shrug* others mention different brands here all the time. Take a look at Tourweaver from http://www.easypano.com

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Ed

Thank you smooth

Will investigate!
(you mean its part of my Adobe Acrobat Pro package!? Lol)

Your a star.

Regards,
Ed
smooth

360Ed wrote:Will investigate!
(you mean its part of my Adobe Acrobat Pro package!? Lol)
If your using windows you want Windows Flash Player 10.1 Projector content debugger (EXE, 6.23 MB)
from the page I linked you to.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Ed

Thanks Smooth

I'm a Mac person. Lol. Had enough of Windows (another topic altogether) :D . Managed to download for Mac. Thanks.

By the way -what's your opinion of Autopano Tour? Costs like a third of the price VS Tourweaver Mac starter -unless you want to suggest others...

Regards,
Ed
smooth

360Ed wrote: By the way -what's your opinion of Autopano Tour? Costs like a third of the price VS Tourweaver Mac starter -unless you want to suggest others...
Yes, for good reason! The Autopano Tour is limited in it's capabilities, it is more a "part" GUI for KRPano. There are hidden costs with this also. I don't think you can produce DVD with Autopano Tour either.
Tourweaver Pro is 100% unbranded has the best GUI and is easy. You pay for what you get (within some limitations).

Download trials and test them all.
I can publish tours for a nominal fee that are created with trial versions (though I don't do MAC).

Regards, Smooth 8)
ThomasK

Autopano Tour is still in beta and will change it's name to Panotour (also in beta). It's easy to drag and drop a tour together - and I think you need also a krpano license to unlock all features. http://www.kolor.com/v3/images/stories/ ... our-en.pdf

Klaus (not Thomas) Reinfeld from krpano is working on a GUI (since a long time) but he has not data for the program rollout.
The interesting add-on from krpano is krprotect from krpanotools. You can write your virtual tour to a Mac or Windows standalone application.
krprotect.jpg
krprotect.jpg (39.82 KiB) Viewed 7015 times
I would bet that also Thomas Rauscher has something to offer soon or later... :wink:
Last edited by ThomasK on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonDuck

Does one have to be named Thomas to be successful in Flash GUI development??? :D :D :D
visual360media

Or you may contact one of us here who may host the tour for you (or your client) for a nominal fee.
Then you give them the link, and they can give to their customers/clients or whoever!
Kind regards,

John Goulding
360Ed

Autopano Tour is still in beta and will change it's name to Panotour (also in beta). It's easy to drag and drop a tour together - and I think you need also a krpano license to unlock all features. http://www.kolor.com/v3/images/stories/ ... our-en.pdf
Thanks Thomas for the headsup and all the sugestions guys! :D

MUCH, much apreciated.

Ed