iPad

Q&A about the latest versions
dik

How do I put VR Object movies on an iPad?
PhotoSpherix

You can try out Jquery Reel It does a good job on a simple 360, no hotspots and all the extra swag, but...

http://jquery.vostrel.cz/reel

Here are a couple samples:
Ipad/Iphone viewable 360's
Ipad/Iphone viewable 360's
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
thewickedgrape

Hi PhotoSpherix,

I am having a little trouble with my 360 viewer for the iPad. I love the fact that you use single images, because I think that the giant single image of the jquery reel example is the source of my troubles.

Is there any way you could give me a zipped file of either of your examples? I am also having trouble recreating what you did.

Many thanks!
PhotoSpherix

did you get it figured out?
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography
JeffN

Hi PhotoSpherix,
I checked out the two links you posted. Very impressive.
The room set / furniture... very big... how are you doing that? Did you put that on a huge turntable? or what? Did you build the turn table? If so, how? It's huge!

thanks a bunch :)
PhotoSpherix

When you get to the size of this turntable, it is more of a stage than a turn table(16 ftx16 ft and tons). It started life as a car rotator that we made do what we need. It stared us thinking in different directions as to how a 360 product shot can be used. We are working towards more of a rotating room. I think back to an Ikea example that I saw many moons back where they had multiple sets on a stage and while it rotated it changed the room. At the time it seemed that it was done with multiple cameras. Now we are able to do the same thing with one camera and rotate the world(well part of it).

Here are a few large object product 360s

On the ipad front, a few months back Thomas had said that he is working towards a non .swf version for Object2vr. Nothing has been said since. I am with you in hoping that it will be coming soon. At this point, it is DIFFICULT to create non flash version with the same functionality that object2vr has. That being said, it can be done, it just is not as straight forward.
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography