Just another tryout to load an external panrama

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
mark

Hi,

i got only a Flash 5 License and didnt learn actionscripting for ongoing versions since version 5 (MX and newer versions). With Flash 5 you could create a container, give it an instance-name like"_root.container" and then load any external *.swf-File with the LoadMovie-Function into that container. YAou could play and stop it, even resizing and so on. So you only needed 3 or 4 lines of Code to load that movie into your loader.

I just installed the actual Tryout-version of Flash, opened the provided example here in the forum and now im completely confused. Okay, theres some compass-like function and dynamic hotspots that change if the loaded movie was changed, but as i dont have any modern skills of actionscripting i dont understand the code.

Would anyone of the Flash-cracks here create a masked container (not just creating that container runtimed in actionscript but rather placing it on the stage an masking it by a ... mask) and shows me the code i need to load an external *.swf-File into that container?

Just to understand the basic code i wont need any aditiional helper or compass or anything else, - just a short code to load that panorama into another swf.

Please help me,

ragrds from munich, - Mark
thomas
Chief Gnome

The basic code is

Code: Select all

var vr:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("vr", 1);
vr._lockroot=true;
var myLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
myLoader.loadClip("mypanorama.swf", vr); 
but you can also use the loadMovie function. I just noticed some strange things happening when I use the loadMovie function so it's not recommended.
MfG, Thomas