decompile swf

Q&A about the latest versions
Smourt

Is it just me who is concerned about people copying the panos in my tour by decompiling the swf?

I license my panos so only I can edit them... and hold the copyright to the images etc, but these days this is not enough.

I assumed that once the swf was compiled, only I could edit the panos, I didnt realise someone could decompile and recreate the tour using the images I took.

I thought there was some encryption (somehow) which would stop someone from simply copying the images therein. I know of another software which does encrypt the jpgs.

It took me less than 2 mins to extract the images from my own pano.

Debate on this would be healthy...

Regards

Stephan
360Texas

I think you can set your flash content to be only domain URL specific. And you can set your panoramas to time out after a certain date. OR BOTH ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Smourt

the files can still be decompiled though
shinodem

Panoramas it is images, and the only thing that can be made it with images to put a watermark though also it it is possible to erase in a photoshop, therefore it is necessary to put with mind
Carl Lamb

You'll never 100% protect your work whatever you try. I've not heard of too much Virtual Tour Pilfering going on, so I guess the risk is less likely compared to other forms of photography, I speak from experience on that one!

You will always have the original source images, so if you ever had the need to go further regarding copyright infringement, it wouldn't take much for the law to be fully on your side.