One single user license for Mac and PC???

Q&A about the latest versions
DemonDuck

I have a Mac and a PC. Does one single user license let me have the Mac version AND the PC version????
Smourt

I would like to know answer to this to as considering the move to mac
Sebastian

I did ask the same thing Thomas couple of months ago, as I run my Pano2VR on PC at home and Macbook pro on the go when working outstation.
It's no problem to use same license on two machines AS LONG as it is the same user.
DemonDuck

Ok, thanks for the info. I read the FAQ and it says two machines but didn't make clear that those two machines could be different OS's (platforms).

The requirement that the USER be the same on two or more machines is a pretty weak restriction. User names can be made as needed.
Sebastian

Well, normally the license apply to single user/computer, for most of the software out there, so I think Thomas's approach is quite fair, it's just cool return the
courtesy and respect that policy. Regarding the name, it's not actual computer's user name, just a "user" to remain the same, meaning the person who paid for that software. You could give it to a friend and all he needs to do is use your registered name and serial key, it's just a matter of honoring the license agreement, but what is your take on it, it's up to you.
I can't remember whether it was pano2vr or PTgui, but while back one of the programs did stop working, because I put it on a 3rd computer. I got new PC and put all my software on it, the previous PC was to be formatted and given away but I still use it before I transfer all my data. While doing and update, the key was flagged and the software stopped working.
I had to get in touch with the author and explain to get it solved. Just keep in mind they do have a way to detect if more than two computers run the same serial key.
chantus

Totally agree with Sebastian.
I´m using my license on both my desktop PC windows 7 and my macbook. In fact, the license was bought by my brother-in-law in Italy since I have no international credit card.
Regards,

Pablo
wtb

i planing to buy netbook cause my normal laptop is more than 4kg :) and it heavy to carry around, so if i install my user licence on netbook and will work from it will i get problems with pano2vr?
Sebastian

Nope, no problem eldariel
jeroen

eldariel wrote:i planing to buy netbook cause my normal laptop is more than 4kg :) and it heavy to carry around, so if i install my user licence on netbook and will work from it will i get problems with pano2vr?
The license will not be the problem...

But my (limited) experience with a netbook is you will be happy if you carry it; but not when use it...
When u need CPU/Memory/Disk power do some serious working a netbook will be a big, or better a huge, enormous, disappointment. (I hope I make myself clear? :twisted: :twisted: )

I use a Samsung N110 netbook (I upgraded the 1GB to 2GB memory) and use this netbook as a imagetank to backup my CF card from my Canon 5D2; When using Lightroom to add images I always make sure I do not have to wait for it (it is slooooow). I can add descriptions to the pictures but I only do this because I know it saves me a lot work at home; not because its fun to work with. :(

I think stitching the photo’s to one image (eq with PTGui ) will be a torture. So if you are realy going to do some imaging on the netbook; make sure you have plenty of spare time...

I’m not only negative about this netbook; it has a very good screen; depleting the battery takes ages (great!!).
Jeroen / Amersfoort / The Netherlands
wtb

jeroen wrote:The license will not be the problem...
But my (limited) experience with a netbook is you will be happy if you carry it; but not when use it...
When u need CPU/Memory/Disk power do some serious working a netbook will be a big, or better a huge, enormous, disappointment. (I hope I make myself clear? :twisted: :twisted: )
I use a Samsung N110 netbook (I upgraded the 1GB to 2GB memory) and use this netbook as a imagetank to backup my CF card from my Canon 5D2; When using Lightroom to add images I always make sure I do not have to wait for it (it is slooooow). I can add descriptions to the pictures but I only do this because I know it saves me a lot work at home; not because its fun to work with. :(
I think stitching the photo’s to one image (eq with PTGui ) will be a torture. So if you are realy going to do some imaging on the netbook; make sure you have plenty of spare time...
I’m not only negative about this netbook; it has a very good screen; depleting the battery takes ages (great!!).
yup, there is alote of trash netbooks with slow pref. BUT i found some good ones and better coming in summer time.
for example Compaq 311C with Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz / 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM / 11.6" TFT 1366 x 768 / NVIDIA ION LE
i tested with photoshop cs4 on it and its good :) for PTGui wont be a problem i guess :)
blitztitus

Hi,
am wondering wether different version of pt gui using different license ? if so anyone wants to sell their old version with license ?