Cannot Get My .swf to display completely

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
landrvr1

landrvr1 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Dave. I believe I may have found a solution. I decided to step waaay back.

I downloaded a previous version - 1.5.3 - and it works like a charm! I've used all the same settings. Looks like there could be some sort of bug or incompatibility issue.

There's another problem, however, and I'm not sure that this can be resolved here. I'll start a new thread on this, as it's really a separate issue.
I'm a bit concerned here that I can get the previous version to work, but the latest version would not. Thomas, have you been following this at all? Could there be a bug in the latest version?

I can rezip and upload my final working files if you'd like to take a look. Thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

I can rezip and upload my final working files if you'd like to take a look
Yes, please. As far a I know I didn't changed something in that area between the versions, but if you can provide the files this may help!
MfG, Thomas
Brian

Dear all,

Thomas just released a version 6.5 after I mentioned this issue to him on my site. v5 panos work great, but something in versions 6.3 and 6.4 seemed to change the positioning and size of the pano whatever the output settings from pano2qtvr.

Version 6,5 works fine in this respect now, the same as version 5, which I had to use on the FIRST pano rendered on my site. Oddly, if the first pano (v5) was right, they all were OK even if v6 panos. If the first pano was mis-positioned, then they all were even if they were v5 ones! But, as I say, Thomas has sorted it now.

What v6 (including v6.5) appears to do diffeently though is render some hotspots momentarily (for US readers by this word I mean "for a few moments") before the pano appears, and they are out of position, I think because they are rendered without recognition of the fact that I start the pano with a changed pan and tilt (and fov) from what pano2qtvr creates. It MIGHT be my code, but my code works OK for v5 panos, so I think it's rooted in the same issue as Thomas has worked on for the mis-positioning. I haven't been able to find a way to change this. I have a similar issue with the radar indicators on the maps, when I use them. They "momentarily" show the wrong direction and zoom before the pano renders, and then jump to the right place almost immediately. Just a cosmetic, really, but I suppose I'm obsessive...

But this was the same with v56, and so it might be my ineptitude :oops: !

Comments welcome,

Brian
Thomas D

Hi There,

What I noticed, is that the hotpots are shown way before they should appear. I mean, if the pano window size is 400*400, but the stage is 600*400, the hotpots begin to appear outside the window on the stage, and thus on the map or on the other side (depending on the way you have the autorotation running).

What I noticed between version 1.5.3 and 1.6.5, is that in the version 1.5.3, the positioning and window size defined for the pano was not working correctly. Now in 1.6.5, this works fine. But there is still this issue that the mouse can control the pano OUTSIDE the pano window. This can interfere with the map. The best way to see this is to remove the colour mask.

The way you define the scaling in the pano2qtvr as a high impact on this, the only one providing the best result is to scale with the stage, but I think this is why it interferes outside the pano window.

PS : I still think that Thomas has provided a wonderfull tool! I just want to help make it even better !

Regards
Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

This should now be solved with version 1.6.6
MfG, Thomas
Brian

This is mainly a reply to Thomas D.

I deliberately use scaling "no" in pano2qtvr, and with release 6.5 I get the same results as with v5. I do this because I want the whole web page which I create with Flash (and export only at the very end to create the index page for my site with some small editing for Google recognition) to scale with the viewer's choice of browser window. My whole page is shown whatever the size chosen by the user. If I choose one of the other scaling options in pano2qtvr this doesn't work right for me, but then my code is probably developed to use this feature since I've used it before. I gues others can get other ways to work.

On my pages I use a black mask drawn through ActionScript - but not using the mask method available in AS to mask one mc with another. Someone else (here in the forum) has made that nearly work but I haven't yet! Anyway, the way I do it I don't have any unwanted control of the pano or appearnace of the hotspots outside of the pano window which is defined by the rectangles I draw at a high level to cover up the jagged edges of the pano. I've done it in a fluid way so that I can define any size and position of pano window by setting some parameters in the code to refer all dimensions and top left hand corners to a reference point. It's important to say that I started with Thomas' excellent Flash demo and went on from there with an xml driven version which avoids a lot of AS editing if there are a lot of panos and hotspots.

This is where versions 6 before version 6.5 had caused me an issue, the pano ended up in the wrong place and size, but Thomas' good work has get this back in order.

I have a day away tomorrow, but I'll try version 6.6 by Wednesday to see if the "momentary" hotspot stuff has gone away...maenwhile thanks to both Thomas's for getting back to me,

Best regards,

Brian