Object2VR API

Using Pano2VR/Object2VR SWF files with your own Flash projects
sfkhooper

I'm using object2vr with actionscript 3. I would like to have buttons for zoom in, zoom out and rotate external to the object2vr, ie on another part of my flash project interface. Is it possible to call/initiate these 3 functions externally? I've had a look at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pano2VR_-_Flash_API, as i understand this code can be adopted by object2vr, but I don't see anything about zooming or rotating.
erik leeman

What about these then?

Changing the view
<panoclip>.pano.getPan(); // returns the current pan angle
<panoclip>.pano.setPan(angle_in_degrees:Number); // sets the current pan angle
<panoclip>.pano.changePan(offset_in_degrees:Number); // change the current pan angle

<panoclip>.pano.getFov(); // sets the current FoV
<panoclip>.pano.setFov(angle_in_degrees:Number); // sets the current FoV
<panoclip>.pano.changeFov(offset_in_degrees:Number); // change the current FoV

<panoclip>.pano.moveTo(pan:Number, tilt:Number, fov:Number, speed:Number ); // move to position

as i understand this code can be adopted by object2vr
That's interesting, may I ask where you found that information?
You say you use object2vr with actionscript3, do you have a link for us to see it in action?

Erik
sfkhooper

Thanks very much for your reply. My project can be seen at the link below. Warning: This is a medical training simulation and contains images that some might find unsettling. I would suggest NOT clicking Patient 2 or Patient 3 if you find medical oddities unsettling. Having said that, the link is http://www.testing.expectra.com.au/cann ... n-AS3.html. You can see I have buttons down the left hand side that I would like to replace the standard Object2VR buttons.

I can't for the life of me remember where I read that the pano api could be used with object2vr, but I know that I recently read words to the effect that you just had to replace vr.pano. with vr.object2vr. in your calls - or something like that. I have scoured this site, the forum and google and cant find it. maybe it's just wishful thinking.
sfkhooper wrote:I've had a look at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pano2VR_-_Flash_API, as i understand this code can be adopted by object2vr, but I don't see anything about zooming or rotating.
...I meant in relation to use with an Object2VR object, pardon the ambiguity

Bottom line, can it be done?
erik leeman

Considering how very different the images are structured in an object movie when compared to a cubical VR, I very much doubt it.
Other than Thomas telling us, only trying it will help getting an answer.

Erik
sfkhooper

Thanks, but I have no idea how to go about trying it
sfkhooper

Who is Thomas? Can he be contacted?