Hotspots in Flash VR

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
John.B

Hello,

Is it, or will it be, possible to link to another .swf via a hotspot? I know there is an example with .fla, but I have Flash MX, so I can't open this example.

It would be so nice if you can do it just via the program itself, just like with the QuickTime VR's.

So if anyone has another solution for making a tour, please tell me.

Regards,
John.B
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can already do that. Just change the filenames to "pano2.swf" instead of pano2.mov and you are done.
MfG, Thomas
John.B

Thanks for your reply!

I tried this several times, but the new .swf allways opens in a new browser window. I tried it by placing the .swf filename in the URL box, and in the destination I tried [myself] and [QuickTimePlayer], but in both cases the new .swf was opened in a new window...

The hotspot data in the project file looks like this:
hotspot.enabled=1
hotspot.1.title=Naar de tuin
hotspot.1.url=<Tuin.swf> T<quicktimeplayer> E<pan=56.2 tilt=-8.2 fov=87.5 >
hotspot.1.localfile=filepath\Tuin.swf
panograph

thomas wrote:You can already do that. Just change the filenames to "pano2.swf" instead of pano2.mov and you are done.
I am not sure I understand this short advice. Where shall I change it, pls?

Also, what is the solution to have the linked htm file (or swf) open in the same window. Target myself, self, parent does not work. The linked file opens in a new window however you try....

Would appreciate an advice since I have to present to the client in about 18 hours from now.

Thanks
John.B

When you need to open an .html file in the same window you can use _self as target. (its not in the list but just type it in...) This seems to work fine for .html files.

For opening a new .swf in the same window (or better: in the same object) without reloading the entire page, this will, sadly enough, not work. Since you're having the same problems I am afraid this seems to be a bug in the new release?

Anyone who can give a clue?

Thanks in advance!
panograph

John.B wrote:When you need to open an .html file in the same window you can use _self as target. (its not in the list but just type it in...) This seems to work fine for .html files.
Thanks John for the hint. I have already tried many variations with the extension of htm. Now I still can not produce the desired result with HTML extension either.

End of the road - calling Thomas Rauscher
John.B

panograph wrote:Thanks John for the hint. I have already tried many variations with the extension of htm. Now I still can not produce the desired result with HTML extension either.

End of the road - calling Thomas Rauscher

Did Thomas solf your problem?
Can you create a hotspot in a flash movie witch loads another flashmovie without reloading the html page?

Greetings,
John.
panograph

John.B wrote: Did Thomas solf your problem?
Can you create a hotspot in a flash movie witch loads another flashmovie without reloading the html page?

Greetings,
John.
Nothing so far. My client has rejected the Flash version anyway due to the coarse movement.
John.B

panograph wrote:Nothing so far. My client has rejected the Flash version anyway due to the coarse movement.
What do you mean by then coarse movement? Sorry, my englisch is not perfect...
360Texas

Hi John, Probably the rotation is not as smooth as qtvr.

I did get your email asking about the flash hot spot transition with out refreshing the viewer.

To be honest, we do not use adobe flash software so I can not help you.

Thomas is out of town on business. He should be back in few days. I sent this comment to you by email.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Unfortunately currently you can only link to html pages with new panoramas in it, but you can use a trick. Just embed the panorama into a (i)frame and set the target in the hotspot to this frame so that not the whole page gets reloaded. I hope this helps.

Sorry for the late answer but as Dave said I was at the IVRPA - Conference in Berkeley and had no internet connection for several days.
MfG, Thomas
John.B

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reaction, but I can't seem to make it work properly...

I created an iframe (<iframe src="pano_1.html" name="flashPano" id="flashPano" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>) and set the hotspot target to this iframe.

Only the second pano still opens in a new window... :(

The projectfile looks like this:
hotspot.enabled=1
hotspot.1.url=<pano_2.html> T<flashPano> E<pan=58.7 tilt=-9.6 fov=87.5 >
hotspot.1.title=Naar de tuin

The pano_1.html and pano_2.html just contain the javascript to open the pano swf. These work fine.

Besides that I would like to use this option for a realastate agent. I can display flash animations on their site, but I'm not allowed to modify their HTML. Will the next version of pano2qtvr support this option?

Thanks in advance,
John.
Ralf

I seem to have a simular problem, (not in flash, but it fits in this thread i guess)

i try to make a hotspot which should open a next mov in the same qt-viewer (myself). But all i get by clicking the hotspot is a new brouwser with a blank page. it doesnt seem to be lookin for the mov-file btw
i've got:
hotspot.2.url=<mhp2.mov> T<myself> E<pan=123.0 tilt=30.0 fov=70.3>

i tried: hotspot.2.link=... aswell (since it's all local, no url involved), but it still opens my brouwser, and not the mov (anywhere).
Is this the same problem as johnB has or am i doing something wrong (paths maybe?)
John.B

Seems to me as the same issue!
I hope there wil be a solution soon????
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ralf wrote:I seem to have a simular problem, (not in flash, but it fits in this thread i guess)...
The problem in the QuickTime standalone player is a bug in QuickTime < 7.1.5 this should be solved if you use the latest version of QuickTime and Pano2QTVR.
MfG, Thomas