How to change Fullscreen button to Exit Fullscreen on toggle

Q&A about the latest versions
ricepixels

Is this possible: while viewing in normal screen mode to have the button "view fullscreen" and then when in fullscreen mode have the button change to "exit fullscreen". Currently I am using a generic button with arrows to indicate enter/exit fullscreen using the Toggle Fullscreen Action/Modifiers but would rather have two different buttons with text to toggle between. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
smooth

You simply need to stack buttons.
When you click one set it to hide and expose another.
Then reverse it to set it back again.

If you don't want them in the same place just make the button hide/vanish.

Regards, Smooth 8)
ricepixels

Thanks Smooth,
I'm with you for the first 2 steps but can't seem to get the third step of "Then reverse it to set it back again." The first click to "view full screen" reveals the "exit full screen" button fine but when that is clicked it goes back to normal screen without any buttons. I tried adding an extra action to the buttons to "Toggle Element Visibilty" of the other but it doesn't work. I've attached the skin and buttons if anyone has a chance to see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!
Attachments
view_full_screen.png
view_full_screen.png (501 Bytes) Viewed 6749 times
exit_full_screen.png
exit_full_screen.png (452 Bytes) Viewed 6749 times
test.ggsk
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Andrew H

The method outlined by Smooth will work for other toggle actions, such as Auto Rotate, but will fall apart in your instance if the viewer exits fullscreen mode by pressing their keyboard's 'Escape' key. Then the wrong button will be left visible.

Currently there seems to be no way to overcome this with Pano2VR - unless someone can tell us otherwise?

Regards
Andrew
ricepixels

Ah, I didn't consider that possible circumstance. Thanks
Sebastian

I would suggest you place a request with Thomas, the pano2vr author, to incorporate that in the future release. I don't see it to be too much of a problem, because it's quite simple from the action script perspective. We use it all the time, literally.... simple events listener monitoring the stage changes and toggling the buttons back and forth. It could be a bit tricky tho to find universal action to facilitate all kind of custom and different buttons that we all do for our navigation interface. So perhaps Thomas could come up with one that works just like the built in preloader option. Add a ready made fullscreen button to stage and then customize the look using the property editor, to match with the navigation theme...

regards
Sebastian
smooth

Here is your .ggsk modified to work.
test_smooth.ggsk
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
The issue with "change state" not being recognised by pressing the ESC key is a long going issue. Things can get out of sink.
You are though assuming people actually use the ESC key or for that matter YOUR button. What "real public" use vs "us" who put these things together are two different things.

It is NOT possible to change in anyway or remove the Flash message you see when changing to full screen mode.
That said, Tourweaver has no problem knowing what state the tour/panorama scene size is in. So if they can offer it I'm sure it is also possible for Thomas to code up Pano2VR to do the same.
We look forward to this feature being added.

Regards, Smooth 8)
ricepixels

That's awesome! I just downloaded your reworked skin. Thanks Smooth!
Lvilleneuve

Oups! It does not work on my Mac. I used Pano2VR 64 bit. I will try with a different version of Pano2VR.
Lvilleneuve

I also checked with version 2.2.3 and 2.3.1 same result. The fullscreen mode does not work! Tried with Safari on a Mac.
smooth

Your issue is because you are NOT using HTML which you must for the fullscreen button to work.
You also MUST have the parameter "AllowFullScreen=True" in this HTML code. Simplest way is to output the HTML from Pano2VR.

Regards, Smooth 8)