smaller file size!!! (7mb?)

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
1eo

greetings, I'm testdriving pano2qtvr right now and I'm in love with the program :lol:

anyway,
I have some images that are around 6,000 x 3,000 dpi and the file for flash or qtvr are around 7-9mb!!! :shock:

I need something more internet friendly... how could I reduce the size of the file?
I wanted something similar in quality to:
http://www.fullscreenqtvr.com/

all help is really appresiate

Leonardo
Last edited by 1eo on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1eo

what is an acceptable size for internet viewing? (full screen)

what size of imagine do you guys recommend and what settings? to get best output in terms of quality vs size?

thanks! I really appreciate your help!

leo
Last edited by 1eo on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360Texas

Canon 5d, Sigma 8mm, Raw images 4 +1, convert to TIF, stitch 2500 x 5000ppi 45mb. Resize to 2000 x 4000ppi 33mb. Use Pano2Qtvr to cube, fix nadir, create a QTVR about 1.5mb.

Yes we display full screen on a 22" Samsung LCD 226bw. Looks great !

Oh and dpi means dots per inch for printing. PPI or pixels per inch for displaying on a computer monitor. But then you already knew these terms.

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
1eo

Thanks!

once I get chance, I'll try at 2000 x 4000 to see if that helps.
thomas
Chief Gnome

You don't need to change the input image size. Just change the tile size to for example 1500 or even less and reduce the tile - Jpeg quality
MfG, Thomas
1eo

thomas wrote:You don't need to change the input image size. Just change the tile size to for example 1500 or even less and reduce the tile - Jpeg quality
thank you Thomas... I just bought your software today (got a lot to learn! :D )

btw... what does the subdivision do?
dlgreene

Image sizes are good but why remove the "standard" explorer navigation stuff and the scroll bars are removed?

If I click a link to one of the links on the panorama page because you have used JavaScript window I have no navigation and I can't get back to the panorama.

You've taken a good deal of time to have the google advertisements but, because there are no scroll bars I can only see some of the bottom of the screen... i.e. window size minus ( the title bar plus the status bar ) equals what's left for viewing... Usually better to just open a "full" window so you don't have to make the calculations and the end user can still get around.

Personally I prefer a page that is the individual "data item" that has next prev AND the list box you have is good. But it is tougher to just "go through" the items one by one.

Looks really good though and I had no viewing problems relative to the VR itself.