Layers order

Q&A about the latest versions
Max2020

I've been having a problem setting layers order. Tried everything possible. Layers created last stay on the top no matter what order in skin editor i move them to. How do you do it?
Mdholl

Misunderstud.
What layers? What did you do in skin editor?

Try to make snapshots and clarify what you need.
Max2020

When making a skin for panorama, we have hotspots and other stuff on the left side tree in the skin editor,
I'm trying to create 50% transparent black rectangle for video background that pops up on a button click [like lightbox effect - so that panorama is shaded and video stands out],
but this rectangle covers all elements in panorama including video.
I'm calling this 'layer order' though it's not a good term, but you got the idea.
I tried moving rectangle to different position in the tree, but it remains on top of other elements in the tree.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
The position of elements in the file tree is as follows:
The top is “send to back”

Each element there on after/under will be on top of it, “bringing forward”
If your rectangle was at the top of the tree everything else will be in front of it.

Moving on to your problem,

You are using a text box to open a video and if the text box is a fixed size, make a rectangle the same size, or a tad bigger, now make the textbox a child of the rectangle, open and close the rectangle to show and hide the video, this will lock the background rectangle to the text box.

All the best Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/