pic. is sharp but .mov is unsharp and lousy upon creation

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
Charti

Hello, I have a big problem.

I have created panos and I feel the result of the picture is ok before doing the qvtr. Once I do the qvtr the mov is totally unsharp and looking awfull. I don't know where it comes from since I tested with 100% quality.

I can't remember when this issue was introduced to me since I changed a lot of versions for pano2qvtr in the last month. I now operate with the last 1.62 pro flash version.

I have uploaded the original panofile, the pano2qvtr script file and the result mov to let you investigate what might be the problem. All files are together around 5.5 MB so please be patient when downloading. I really hope that someone finds the problem.

http://www.pano3d.de/test/

Thank you very much ahead.
landrvr1

Checked out the files. I'm not the one to explain why, but Equirectangular never works well for me either. They just turn out fuzzy.

Here's what you can do: There's a button to allow you to 'Convert to Cubic'. Press that. 6 images will be produced and reside in your project folder. Then load those images (by just selecting the first one 'unterer park_cube_0.jpg'.

When you hit create, you'll see a QTVR that is better in quality. Here's an image comparing both:

Image[/img]

Not a HUGE improvement, but noticeable. I'd say increase your original image size and also do Cubic conversion, and you'll have pretty good quality. Hope this helps. You can also sharpen your source image in Photoshop as well.

If anyone knows how to get decent images out of Equirectangular (besides using huge source images) I'd love to know as well...
Charti

Hello, thanks for the work done and the tip. I can confirm that the creation of .mov is much better using cubics instead of equirectangular as a basis. However still not giving the quality back as from the original file but at least an improvment. I tested with an older version of pano2qvtr (1.53) and its the same, I tested flash output and its the quality as QT so it seems not to be a matter of the QT or flash but maybe the processing. Do you know what the pano12.dll was for?
landrvr1

Your source image isn't that sharp and clear. It's nice, but try searching on Google or Yahoo Image for panos. There's some super clear and crisp ones out there. Using your settings, I think you'll see a difference. Any way you can retake the pano shot at an even higher resolution? That will also help.
panocanarias

Hi Charti,
try to start with a very clean and sharp equi. I use to "oversharpen" my equis a little.
Then, on "Settings-Tab", before creating .mov-file ,
you may choose spline 64, sinc 1024 or lanczos 2 as interpolator for stiching.
Try different interpolators to see how they affect sharpness and file-size
"Best" interpolator depends on source-pic and your personal taste.
(I suppose you used poly3, spline 16 or spline 36 instead, which, for me, create the most washed-out qtvr).

Pano12.dll question: You don't need it. See threads:
http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/viewtopi ... pano12+dll

Regards, Klaus
ramirox3

Hi, Klaus good tips an excelent site.
I want to know if the quick time, deval, java and flash small and full size are generated all in Pano2qtvr.
Regards, ramirox
panocanarias

..good tips and excelent site
Muchas gracias, Thank you!
I want to know....are generated all in Pano2qtvr
Well, about 90 %.
QT and Deval use .mov-files; flash uses .swf-files - both generated by Pano2QTVR.
Java is feeded with .jpg-equi.
I made my own templates ( modified original templates - found in programs\pano2qtvr\html ).
For Java I have to edit the output-source-code a little (change pano.mov -> pano.jpg).
Once you have prepared your own templates, it's quite comfortable to "produce" html-pages for various output-formats.
Saludos, Klaus
ramirox3

Hi Klaus
Gracias por tu pronta respuesta.
me es muy valioso tu aporte, ya que apenas estoy aprendiendo algo de html y action script para poder montar mis trabajos en la web, ya los conocerás
Intentaré hacer lo de java y te contaré
Gracias de nuevo