Pano2VR 2.3.1 released

Q&A about the latest versions
smooth

thomas wrote:The following things have been changed/fixed:
  • Flash export: You can add your link in the Flash context menu (only with a company license)
Lets just "say" you had a company license. Where exactly would you add this?
Be buggered if I can find a slot for it with the Windows 32 Bit version.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Sebastian

Hi there Smooth

The ContextMenu class in ActionScript 2 & 3, provides control over the items in the Flash Player menu, which appears when you right click the file. For the regular version, Thomas hard code the right click parameters with something like menuItem = new ContextMenuItem("About Pano2VR Player..."); which upon click, leads to his product site. This is a very flexible property and we can specify whatever we want in the right click menu, from time line control, movie clip, html control via java script function.... and what not... I don't believe it will allow actions to control the file itself but I'm sure with the corp. license, you can simply place your name (or company name) and link it to URL or mail address.

regards

Sebastian
smooth

Hello Sebastian,

Mate, I'm quite aware what the Context Menu is. What is not clear is where to enter this information within Pano2VR GUI.
Action Script Code be it 1,2 or 3 doesn't interest me in the slightest. This is why I and many others use Pano2VR instead of the other non GUI Flash compilers.
"If" this feature is only via "Action Script" and requires you to have Flash CS4 installed it is hardly an added feature of Pano2VR program itself.

Unless something pops up once you check the box for "Hide about Pano2VR" I simply do see how you enter this via the Pano2VR GUI
It should be as simple as adding or removing the "Add 'Fullscreen' Item" option from the Context Menu. I expected it (this new option) to show in the this area of Pano2VR.

Thanks Sebastian for your input :D

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

Action Script Code be it 1,2 or 3 doesn't interest me in the slightest. This is why I and many others use Pano2VR instead of the other non GUI Flash compilers.
And Thomas has indeed been very successful in making sure you don't have to know the slightest bit about ActionScript coding if all you want to do is make Flash panoramas. We should (and do) applaud him for his efforts!

BUT....

Not everyone is making Flash panoramas for their own pleasure (or website), some also want to sell them.
And for those people knowing at least the slightest bit about ActionScript and what can be done with their Pano2VR Flash panoramas could make or break a deal! I am convinced that being able to provide solid information about embedding Pano2VR Flash panoramas into larger Flash and HTML/JavaScript applications, as well as showing examples of what is possible with them could significantly enhance one's chances of selling pano-products.

In short: maybe you should be at least the slightest bit interested after all, it might help you make some (extra) dollars : )

Erik
smooth

Erik,

A couple of points.
A) I'm not devoid of coding knowledge.
B) I have been selling panoramas for a lot longer than most and been successful at it for well over a decade.

You have recently shown a liking for Action Script and if this is what YOU want then great.
It doesn't change the fact that the feature is listed as an improvement for Pano2VR which is a GUI based program.
It also hasn't been acknowledged by Thomas whether this is an omission from the Windows 32 bit version or if it is in fact meant only as an Action Script option.

In short, my question is clear and straight to the point and we await an answer not an opinion.

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

Then why not wait for the (well deserved) answer to your clear and straight to the point question and spare us your opinions?

Cheers!

Erik
smooth

erik leeman wrote:Then why not wait for the (well deserved) answer to your clear and straight to the point question and spare us your opinions?

Cheers!

Erik
What? Did you start this thread? Did you ask the question? any response earlier than your post had 100% nothing to do with you Erik.
My answer and given opinion was a response to Sebastian. Who offered up an answer to the question raised. Unlike your response which had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Somehow you again have taken this as a personal insult to yourself because somebody dare think differently to you. All you were interested in was pushing your own barrow and justifying your interest in Action Script. (However well intended).

Just like last time you blew up, all because it wasn't your line of thought on a given day. Give me a break!
Whatever Action Script commands are implemented via the API are secondary to the basis of the program GUI and always have been and will be for the majority of users.

I'm happy to wait for the correct answer, always have been.

Regards, Smooth 8)
erik leeman

My-oh-my, your temperament is going to kill you one of these days Smooth, calm down calm down, I'm sure you will get your answer.
Not worth all that excitement now is it?

Cheers!

Erik
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi!

This new context option is only visible if you have the company license. It's found in the Control section of the Advanced Settings tab.
frodo

Hi!
In the "Flash Output" window and there under the "Advanced Settings" tab there you have now the "Context Menu Link" where you can set the Text and the corresponding URL you want to show when right click.
Nice feature.
Thanks,
Martin
smooth

Thank you for the answers,

Here is a screen capture of Pano2VR 2.3.1 Flash Output Advanced Settings.
I cannot see where this is input. Was a time when company features are "Greyed Out" but you could see what you were missing.
Just like the Hide "About Pano2VR"

It's all well and good to say it's available in the Company license version but there is only (1) download for 32 Bit PC Pano2VR.

Can somebody please post a screen capture of where this is?

Regards, Smooth 8)
k.ary.n
Gnome

smooth wrote:Was a time when company features are "Greyed Out" but you could see what you were missing. Just like the Hide "About Pano2VR"
Yes, true. The reason this is not grayed out (rather, it is missing from the single license) is because of realty space within the window.

The image attached shows the Context Menu Link option under the Flash Context Menu options when licensed with a Company serial which "unlocks" this feature.

Sorry for the confusion.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (107.45 KiB) Viewed 8409 times
smooth

k.ary.n wrote:Yes, true. The reason this is not grayed out (rather, it is missing from the single license) is because of realty space within the window.
Thank you for the answer :D

I must say at the risk of giving an opinion that will know doubt upset somebody!
The real estate space is exactly the same between a single personal license and the company. By hiding this you are limiting potential sales because people don't instantly see what they are missing.
For me it was almost worth upgrading for a feature that make the company license version worthwhile and perhaps still might. After the sour taste of the thread dissipates.

I hope you can see my point.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Karyn,
I won’t be able to have a play with this until later, but will the information need to be entered in every p2vr project file or just the first one in the tour. Even better will placeholders work here?

Just a thought
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

OK had time to play:
Only needs to be in the first pano, and no place holders don’t work, but that’s not a problem as you can use droplets.
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/