"Not enough storage..." when activating hotspots

Q&A about the latest release Version
jriley

I am using an ER that is 11552x5776 which is a 33.8 MB jpeg. When I go to the hotspots tab and check "activate hotspots", I get an error: "Not enough storage is available to process this command".

What is that about? I am using a PC with 2GB RAM and 58GB free hard drive space, so I don't see how there could be too little storage!

John
thomas
Chief Gnome

Currently the software uses several Windows DIB image to store the Hotspot mask and the size is limited. I will change this in one of the next versions but for the while there is this size limit. If you convert the pano to cubefaces it may work since the individual images are smaller.
MfG, Thomas
jriley

Hey, that worked!

Now, I have hotspots also. They came in as well. Is there any way to change the _number_ of the hotspot? Say, make hotspot 1 be hotspot 101?

It's a long story why...

John
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can go to the project file tab and there are the lines for the hotspots. You can edit this manually, or if you need to change more you can copy & paste it into notepad an make a search and replace.
MfG, Thomas
jriley

Umm, I don't see how I can do that. I don't see any lines for the hotspots numbers. Heck, there is much of anything there, just a few lines.

it says:

stitcher.tiff=1
flash.controller.pos=2
flash.preload.image.anchor=0
input=face_0.tif
movie.cube=1
cubefile=face
hotspot.enabled=1
output=test.mov

Am I looking in the right place?? I am in the "Project file" tab.

John
thomas
Chief Gnome

It's the right palace but it looks like if you haven't created hotspots yet... or do you mean the painted hotspots? This is a bit trickier. You can change the colors within the PNG file with f.e. Photoshop. Open the Hotspot PNG file and then you need to change the colors in the image to the correct number selected from the Mac palette to make this work.
MfG, Thomas
jriley

This is a QTVR that already has hotspots painted and I wanted to renumber them. The thought of using Photoshop had occurred, but I was hoping for an easier way. I did successfully import the faces and the hotspot faces and could see them in the hotspot tab. I guess I will need to hit Photoshop to do it. 8-bit color palette?

Thanks,

John
brianoconnell

thomas wrote:Currently the software uses several Windows DIB image to store the Hotspot mask and the size is limited. I will change this in one of the next versions but for the while there is this size limit. If you convert the pano to cubefaces it may work since the individual images are smaller.
How does one do that?