Building Custom Skins

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
rbudnikas

Hello Eveyone.

I am having is with creating skins. I want to add a frame around my flash.swf like this example http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/clowes/k ... start.html . I hope Stuart down't mind me using him as an example.

I created something similar in Photoshop and the problem I am having is that when I create a new skin and make the window let's say 800x600 and add my png24 file it remains static so when I click on Full Screen the frame doesn't resize. Also what control would I use to have a tab on the side so that if i click on it the tab will slide in and out. Would you just create the tab in Photoshop and then type some text on it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Robert
smooth

Hello Robert,

Frames must be divided into pieces and anchored to each desired place.
They also must be made much larger in length to allow for expansion for when you jump from one size to another larger size and back again.
Making width items 3000 pixels and hight items 2000 pixels is a safe bet for all screen resolutions.

Understand these boarders can be as simple as rectangles made within the screen editor or graphics made with Photoshop depending on your requirements.

I.E: The top bar would be say 3000x100 pixels say. You would anchor this to the upper left of the screen. The left bar 2000x50 pixels also anchored to the upper left corner. Where as, the right bar would be anchored to the upper right corner and lower bar anchored to the lower left corner. There are different ways to achieve the same result, but this should give you the idea.

It can become confusing and get your brain working. But in the end it is simply logic.

You have alternatives by purchasing a skin from Hopki or having a skin made purposely for the job by myself or others. But I think you will be able to come to grips with it with time and experimentation along with the help of forum members as you get stuck along the way.

Regards, Smooth 8)