exporting HTML

Q&A about the latest Pano2QTVR beta version
patrickcheatham

Hey there:

I'm running WinXP Pro via Parallels, on my Macbook. I am using input image files which are located on the WinXP desktop. I am exporting to a "shared folder" which is on the Macbook. The sharing operates as if over the network.

When I export HTML files from P2Q, it includes all the shared network paths in the URL for the movie. I'm saving the HTML file to the same directory as I'm saving the QTVR/Flash movies.

I get something like:

Code: Select all

p2q_EmbedFlash('\\.PSF\Crash\20060915_NurtureSource\2732_Arlington\2732_Arlingon_1024.swf','1024','768');
".PSF" = Parallels Shared Folders
"Crash" = My name for my Windows machine :)

--
Obviously this doesn't fly, on the Mac or on the Web. :)

??
thomas
Chief Gnome

This doesn't happen if you have everthing (project file, HTML, SWF) within one folder because then everything can be found within the "base path" which is the idea behind the software.
MfG, Thomas
patrickcheatham

I see... So then, if I set the "base" path to the path where I want to save everything, that should work..? Even if my source filese are elsewhere...?

I don't know how other folks work, but I usually keep all my source files in one place, and export my "live" files for the Web into another directory.
smooth

All your files should be kept in the one directory/folder and output to the same folder.

Upload only the .html, .mov (or) .swf and the p2q_embed_object.js to your web server.

Regards, Smooth 8)
thomas
Chief Gnome

The OUTPUT (+ most notable the .pqp project file, because this determines the base path) should be in the same directory. The input file can be somewhere else but I will think of a smarter solution for this (because in the begining there was just one file... but now its getting more and more ;)) to better fit your needs.
MfG, Thomas
patrickcheatham

Thanks Smooth & Thomas --

Ha, yes, it's getting to be more and more... For me, and my _stellar_ organization skills it can quickly turn into pandemonium. :P

At least for how I work, keeping source and .pqp files in one directory, while allowing for output to another directory is preferable.

Now that I understand a little better how it works right now, I'll just output to the "source" directory, and manually move files to my upload directory.

It's a little interesting for me, because I'm having to move files across platforms with this 'virtual' network. Weird.

Cheers,

Patrick