What is most wanted?

Q&A about the latest versions

What are the most wanted features for upcoming versions?

Scene Transitions
34%
HTML Window
8%
Mapping (Stick) Items in place
13%
Easy(ier) Movie input
8%
Multi-level Hi-Res Zooming (Tiling)
18%
Pre-load other Scenes
10%
Something Else (Please add to thread)
10%

Total votes: 119
Jan_T

as we know from editing pictures in graphic editors, the very las step after retouching and resizing a pic for display on screen, or for the print is adding sharpness. this is what makes the output from krpano look so crisp. it simply adds sharpness when the image is on the screen.
you cant do this before, because the pano will be resized according to your screen or browsersize. so adding sharpness when the pano is displayed is just it. - in this way you can reduce file size a lot. i can use 5500px pano with very much of jpg compression for example to be displayed fullscreen.

i think, adding sound and so on is nice, but display quality just rules.

jan
wolff

Hi,
I still would prefer - amongst other things mentioned above - :
1. changing the skin easily by button, but having the same panorama/picture open.
2. import of vector graphics like emf- or svg-files into the skineditor.
And easy(ier) Movie input. Voted for this. Why no one else?

Regards,
Wolff
Last edited by wolff on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik leeman

I would VERY much like to have the option to embed PNG's in stead of JPEG's as cubefaces in the final .swf pano.
By using PNG's I could use partial transparency in stacked (or 'onion-skinned') preloaded panos, which would open a wide array of new possibilities!

Please please, pretty please?

Cheers!

Erik
smooth

erik leeman wrote:I would VERY much like to have the option to embed PNG's in stead of JPEG's as cubefaces in the final .swf pano.
By using PNG's I could use partial transparency in stacked (or 'onion-skinned') preloaded panos, which would open a wide array of new possibilities!
I would think that this shouldn't be such a big deal to implement as the area hotspots use .png tiles format and Adobe Flash supports .png format.
So here's hoping.

Regards, Smooth 8)
stalwart

my 2:

multi-res / gigapixel
Google map integration

cheers
Stu
erik leeman

I would think that this shouldn't be such a big deal to implement as the area hotspots use .png tiles format and Adobe Flash supports .png format.
Without knowing the exact inner workings of Thomas' design there is no way of telling for sure, but I cannot imagine this to be a problem.
File-sizes will grow when using PNG because of less efficient (non destructive) compression, but the amount of memory a single pano 'consumes' should not change too much. Unless the alpha channel spoils things of course....

Erik
RBilsland

My "something else" is plugins. If there was some way that Pano2VR could be extended by others it could take some of the development pressure off Thomas.

Bob Bilsland.
smooth

stalwart wrote:my 2:

multi-res / gigapixel
Google map integration

cheers
Stu
Yeah, I would have thought the HTML window would have been more requested.
But there you go! Like I said, interesting to see what others deem highest priority.

Regards, Smooth 8)
fredaubailly

I would add the ability to use masks within the skin editor !!! :D
Hopki
Gnome

Transitions
I know its one of the voted features, but I thought its worth saying again.
In fact I got asked to quote for a custom skin today, and guess what, “can you do transitions, fade effects etc”, err No not yet but on the way, I hope!
Please, Please, Please Thomas.
Hopki :D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DemonDuck

1) When zooming with mouse wheel, browser window scrolls also. Very irritating. Don't do that.
2) Made hotspot on equirectangular image. When I tried to erase it, it wouldn't erase. I need to be able to back out of my actions.
3) Not clear how to go fullscreen. Make an easy way for the average user to go fullscreen
4) Scaling option seems to have no effect. That should be fixed and the HTML that is generated should reflect that choice.
zap

DemonDuck wrote:1) When zooming with mouse wheel, browser window scrolls also. Very irritating. Don't do that.
2) Made hotspot on equirectangular image. When I tried to erase it, it wouldn't erase. I need to be able to back out of my actions.
3) Not clear how to go fullscreen. Make an easy way for the average user to go fullscreen
4) Scaling option seems to have no effect. That should be fixed and the HTML that is generated should reflect that choice.
Hi
1) depends on hwo you implement it inside your html or php page. Not really a pano2VR issue
2) some bug but couldn't experience this
3) Create a button, add action Go or toggle fullscreen
4) action with scaling works in most skins I've created and seen by others

cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
zap

Perhaps someone or thomas should write up all the ideas, add his ideas so far and define which upgrade includes which features.

Perhaps even a slight hint on when what is generally planned.
+ Gives the community the option to see what is in the mill
+ Offers Thomas a way to ask back if his roadmap fulfills main client requests

Already posted a similar message some time ago. Hopefully this time we could know what to wait for.

And
definitely the option to create plugins/addins from thirdparties would be a great improvement on Thomas workload.

cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
Mdholl

Hi, zap!
Can you share the "right: code of the page?

>>> 1) depends on hwo you implement it inside your html or php page. Not really a pano2VR issue
shinodem

1. Lensflare effect
2. HTML Window
3. Multithreading in some browsers not work ex. opera