Wanted: Tips from the community

Q&A about the latest versions
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hello everyone!

I'm currently updating the Documentation (Help pages) for Pano2VR and would like to include a section called, Tips from the Community. This would be a place to collect all the wonderful workflow tips, skin tips, quality tips, etc. in one place.

Would you like to help? If so, please send me your own tip, or a link to a forum topic (a short description would be good here) that you would like to see in this section via private message. (Credit for the tip will be acknowledged).

Thanks!
Karyn

Edit: unlocked the topic.
360Texas

Hi Karyn,

In the GardenGnome home page there is a link to the Forum.

Is it possible in this Forum now to link back to the GardenGnome home page ?

Maybe links to the Product page and to the tutorial page (and to/from links on these two +forum pages)
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Create a top fixed "Resource" topic

Where we can put permanent links to the:

GardenGnome Tutorial URL
Pano2vr and Object2vr Wiki URL
Adobe download page - get the stand alone Flash viewer and the uninstall flash viewer

+other resource pages
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi Dave!
360Texas wrote:Is it possible in this Forum now to link back to the GardenGnome home page ?

Maybe links to the Product page and to the tutorial page (and to/from links on these two +forum pages)
Yes, in the left menu bar you can link to everything when you are in the forum, wiki and tutorial page. Or do you not see this with the browser you're using?

A resource page would be great, but I wonder if it would be a bit redundant since you can always link to everything within the Garden Gnome site no matter where you are.
big K

Yes, in the left menu bar you can link to everything when you are in the forum, wiki and tutorial page. Or do you not see this with the browser you're using?
no not seeing this bar, sorry. using FF 3.5 here.
smooth

big K wrote:
no not seeing this bar, sorry. using FF 3.5 here.
You don't see this bar when your logged into the forum as the forum goes full page and breaks out of frames.
Simply visit www.gardengnomesoftware.com homepage and read the list down the lefthand side bar.

Regards, Smooth 8)
k.ary.n
Gnome

Wow, I was unaware of this. I see the left-hand menu bar whether logged-in or not on both Safari and Firefox.
smooth

k.ary.n wrote:Wow, I was unaware of this. I see the left-hand menu bar whether logged-in or not on both Safari and Firefox.
Yes, but you do live in the fruity world of Apple!

Don't change it, I don't want to be lock in frames :x

Possible it is a feature setting of the browser being used.

Regards, Smooth 8)
k.ary.n
Gnome

:)

I just learned that you can change this in your user preferences (user control panel). If you use, "proggsw" for the board style, you'll always see the menu on the left side:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... ggsw#p4780
360Texas

oddly ... yes that does work. However, the board colors scheme has changed to a bright blue/grey.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
zap

Hi great idea
Have always to search back newwest pano flash implementation code or best settings to use if not worked for a while with the tool and having specific client requests.

Why not simply create a open wiki. You put in the headlines and users can complete and add more

cheers
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
jeroen

I loved the tip from Smooth (and hopkin; but smooth added an example so I added his name to it (no offence hopkin :lol: ) )

how to add an statsic nadir as hotspot on:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... dir#p12305

Karyn; do you mean this kind of tips for this topic? If not delete it :lol:
Jeroen / Amersfoort / The Netherlands
k.ary.n
Gnome

Thanks jeroen,

That's exactly what I'm looking for!
smooth

This forum needs a dedicated forum for Flash Action Scripting totally separate to skin editor tasks.
It causes confusion when people "assume" you know that they are talking Action Scripting when asked in a "general" forum without mentioning they are building outside of the actual Pano2VR or Object2VR programs. Take this thread for example! Really these are two separate things and need devision to clean up this forum.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Karyn
Can you add to the FAQ’s the recommended settings for creating sound files for Pano and Object2VR.

I think what would be helpful would be settings for:
Best Sound Quality, for sound not embedded.
Medium Quality, sound quality vs file size.
Minimum Quality, just to work for button clicks etc.

This is a question that has cropped up several times and thought it would be a good one to add.

Kind regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/