object VRs in Flash

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
neve

Hi,

I've been using the sample Flash code provided to create a couple of virtual tours. In my current tour I'm adding object VRs as features within the tour. I have a custom function to load external jpgs, swf etc and it doesn't work for the object VRs.

Any idea on how why I can't bring object VRs into another Flash movie? All I see is a tiny red square that dissapears. Same thing happens if I just try importing one into a plain Flash movie. Would Quicktime work any better?

I could load the objects into a web page but I'd really prefer not to, everything else is self-contained in the movie and I'd like it consistent.

I should add that I'm already using the vr code to load external 360 panos, the idea is that you click on a hotspot to then load images or an object VR and some text. I looked at the vr code to consider duplicating it for the objects but I wasn't too sure.

PS the sample code provided was great, everyone is really impressed with the cool tours.
Neve
neve

I've done further testing (see code below) and I can find no way to have 2 separate panoramas in one Flash file. Has anyone figured out a way to have 2 panorama versions (simultaneously) in one movie? I want a spherical pano and an object pano at the same time (object pano loads from hotspot in original tour code).

Either block of code works on it's own but not with both together.

var EmptyClip:MovieClip = _root.attachMovie("EmptyClip", "EmptyClip", 30000, {_x:20, _y:20, _alpha:100});
EmptyClip._lockroot=true;
// move the upper left corner
//EmptyClip._x=0;
//EmptyClip._y=0;
// change autorotation
EmptyClip.autorotate = 20;
EmptyClip.autorotate_delay = 0;

var myObjLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
var myObjListener = new Object();

myObjListener.onLoadInit = function () {
// your initalisation of the pano, add Hotspots,... f.e
EmptyClip.pano.setWindowSize(300,200);
};

myObjLoader.addListener(myObjListener);
myObjLoader.loadClip("objects/vase.swf", EmptyClip);

//EmptyClip._lockroot=false;

var objvr:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("objvr", 2, {_x:200, _y:200, _alpha:100});
objvr._lockroot=true;
// move the upper left corner
//objvr._x=0;
//objvr._y=0;
// change autorotation
objvr.autorotate = 20;
objvr.autorotate_delay = 0;

var myNewObjLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
var myNewObjListener = new Object();

myNewObjListener.onLoadInit = function () {
// your initalisation of the pano, add Hotspots,... f.e
objvr.pano.setWindowSize(300,200);