Target

Q&A about the latest versions
jay

Hello there,
In my virtual tour I have a hotspot that opens a Url. If I want to have that Url open in a new browser page do I add "_blank" in the target field of the hotspot editor or do I add it as an action of the skin? And do put in the %? I am only able to test it locally, what will work when uploaded to the server?
Many thanks,

Jay
Attachments
Window capture 3.png
Window capture 3.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 5457 times
Window capture 1.png
Window capture 1.png (193.28 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
jay

Would someone please be able to point me in the right direction?
Cheers,
Jay
Carl Lamb

just add _blank to the target field of the hotspot, no need for it in the skin unless you want it as an action on a button or element in the skin
jay

Thank you Ambienlight.
I thought so, but the behavior of the hotspot when it is uploaded to the server(web techy) opens it in the SAME browser window. Would that be a security setting and flash at the web persons end?

Jay
jay

Hello All!
I need a bit of help on this one. As a continuation of the dialogue posted above, I would like to figure out if the problem is with my Pano2VR settings or how the .swf file is embedded in to the web-site.

The tour can be found at: http://richmondoval.ca/virtualtour/virtual_tour_new.htm

Found with the "information" button at the bottom, there are text links (using user data with $hd)in a few panos in the tour. These links, I have learned,and wrote to open in a new browser window (which they do!- see attached screen shot "Text_links".)

In a few panos (aerial) there are hotspot links( "i"; blue info icon ,that I have made open a new browser window, through an action- see sceen shot "Hotspot_action"; using the user data with $us) and a movie icon that is linked to a video relating to that particular pano. These hotspots open in the SAME browser window forcing the viewer to "go back"; restarting the entire tour. Not good.

Is having the point hotspot action target "open _blank" in conflict with the "Source" user data and url ".../Map-and-Travel-Times.aspx"target="_blank"?

Looking at this information, is it my settings or how the web-person has integrated it?

The Richmond Olympics Oval is located in Vancouver B.c., host city for the up coming 2010 games.

Many thanks for this product. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Jay
Attachments
Hotspot_action.png
Hotspot_action.png (191.95 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
Window capture 5.png
Window capture 5.png (817.99 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
Text_links.png
Text_links.png (88.5 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
jgiler

I have had much success working with the hot spots, however, a recent project I am working on keeps crashing when I attempt to use the hot spot feature. It will not accept the request to disable the hot spot text box AND it keeps crashing with error message "hot spot editor, out-of-memory". Why does this happen? I even uninstalled and reinstalled Pano2VR and I am still having this problem.

Thanks
Janice
jay

jgiler wrote:I have had much success working with the hot spots, however, a recent project I am working on keeps crashing when I attempt to use the hot spot feature. It will not accept the request to disable the hot spot text box AND it keeps crashing with error message "hot spot editor, out-of-memory". Why does this happen? I even uninstalled and reinstalled Pano2VR and I am still having this problem.

Thanks
Janice
Hmmmm. Will it work if you "save as" and rename that skin. Close program, restart computer and open the new "save as" file?..........
Just an idea,perhaps the gurus here can help further.
Cheers,
Jay
smooth

Jay,

Use $hu for the URL and use $ht for the target in the Skin Editor (Actions/Modifiers) I.E: Mouse Click>Go To URL> URL: $hu >Target: $ht
Place your actual URL and Target in the Hotspots Editor. I.E: URL: http://www.website.com >Target: _blank

Your Point/Area Hotspots ID: is 1 (canada line) for the first hotspot and the Skin ID: is what you have named it in the Skin Editor (informa).

If you want to test locally you will need to check the box "Allow Local Network Access" and be sure you have adjusted your Flash security to allow local scripts.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jay

Hello Smooth,

Thank you for sorting this out. I was getting got up in a labyrinth of aimless trial and error.

I can offer you Canadian bacon and local brewery pints if you find yourself in Vancouver.

Cheers,
Jay
smooth

jay wrote: I can offer you Canadian bacon and local brewery pints if you find yourself in Vancouver.
As I don't drink and unlikely to visit anytime soon, I'll trade you - you keep my sister-in-law in Ontario for a few more years! :lol:

Regards, Smooth 8)