Pano2QTVR 1.6.2 released

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
thomas
Chief Gnome

This is new version includes only 2 minor changes:

- The Flash Hotspot text can now contain simple HTML code like <b>, <i>,...

- You can change the size of the text box with

Code: Select all

flash.hotspottext.height=50
flash.hotspottext.width=300
in the project file

An one bugfix:

- Under special conditions an error occured while creating single row object movies.
Last edited by thomas on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the update.

I have a few questions about the flash hotspot text boxes of 1.6.2

I have several hotspots with a different lenght of text in my panos.
With the script lines you provided it is easy to set the size of the hotspot text box to fit large text but some text boxes contains just a few words and then the text box is to way to large.

Q1) Is there a possibility to set the size of each text box individually ?

Q2) The <br> tag doesn't work for me, so when I enter 123<br>456 in a textbox the result in the webbrowser is:
instead of:

3) The <i><b> tags works fine (closing of the tags is nessesary otherwise all text will have the same properties) but the fontcolor tag is not working, when I enter <font color=red> (or <font color="red">) then the text color will stay black.
If the use of html tags is limited can you post a list of tags that are allowed to use ?

Thanks for your support,

Regards Wim.
benny

Hi Wim,

I can answer two of these question:

Q2) moste likely thomas did not set the textfield.multiline attribute to true, so <br> does not work.

Q3) take a look at http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/mx2004/ ... 01040.html which shows all html tags flash supports

Hope this helps
Benny
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Benny,

Thanks for your response.

The list is helpfull but I doubt if all tags will be available in the Flashpack if a manual "Activate the stuff" by a developer is required. Not all options are equaly functional, for example to have a table in a hotspot textbox is not a top priority. To have a GUI that makes it easy to set the textbox size and the tags is a big advantage (even better is an automatic calculation of the size, based on the content of the box, by the application itself)
I don't like old style html scripting and I am sure that I am not the only one ;-)

Regards, Wim.
benny

Hi Wim,

I'm not quite sure I get you right, but I will try to answer anyway:

There is no need to "activate" the html parsing under flash by a developer as this functionaliyt is already activated.

The only thing you have to do is including some html-tags in the hotspot text you would like to show up. As flash does not parse all html-tags I mentioned the link which shows the supported ones.

So if you want to pimp up your hospot text you will have to do some "old styled html scripting" which is by the way still the basic of (nearly) all web content even if you do not get in touch with it anymore because of CMS or GUI Web-Editor etc.

Concerning the automatic calculation for needed text-space is not trivial, as flash did not have any helper API to do so up to flash 8. So Thomas would have to spent much time for a small feature which IMHO will help only very few people.

Greetings
Benny
Mahmood Rashid Khan

Hi,

I just bought thepano2qtvr pro+flash version 1.6.2. The reason is to show labels on the selected areas like VIP people. That is the requirement for the job.

Please write a tutorial that how to configure hotspots (labels) and how we can assign different lenghts for different names.

It would be much better to have automaticall assign labels width as in QuickTime.

Mahmood
neve

Hey thanks for the update, now the export to Quicktime works! It rarely worked before, fortunately I'm exporting to Flash for my current projects. Nice to have it working though.
Neve
neve

Hi,

after regenerating all the panos with the new version of the software I found it stuffed up the pano posiiton and size. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the forums (apologies if I missed it) and my code version seemed to be the latest but I found that changing the following code fixes the problem.

Change
vr.window_x = 200;
vr.window_y = 55;

to
vr._x = 200;
vr._y = 55;

then it positions and sizes properly. Funnily enough it worked right up until the very last pano was replaced then it broke.

Another problem with the new version is that it seems to cause the hotspots on the map to stop working unless you click on the pano first and then on the hostpot each time. I've tested this with old version against new.

Are there any API code changes needed with the new version?
Neve
Di-man

neve wrote:Another problem with the new version is that it seems to cause the hotspots on the map to stop working unless you click on the pano first and then on the hostpot each time. I've tested this with old version against new.
If you have used somthing like that:

on(release)
{
    _root.panoManager.Load(1);
}
try to change it like follow:

onClipEvent(mouseUp)
{
    if(!this.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true)) return;
    _root.panoManager.Load(1);
}
The difference between these examples is that first event handler may not work in some cases. If there is parent movieclip or movieclip with higher depth, they can capture button evets so hotspot will not work.

I think there is some error in panos. Just after loading they capture button events, so if I click outside the pano and then move mouse then pano starts rotation.