bidirectional rectangular sound not working correctly

Q&A about the latest versions
stalwart

hi all

Just watched the sound tutorial, and attempted to apply to a pano. Whilst I can get the sound to work no problem, it's not 'bidrectional rectangular' as per Karyn's tutorial...

Here's the tour - click the 5th thumbnail - 'band / live music'

http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/shoulder ... start.html

and here's the screengrab of pano sound editor:

ideas?

cheers
Stu
stalwart

bump - anyone............?
k.ary.n
Gnome

I think I know the problem.

You embedded the sound instead - your mp3 file is in the lower section of the sound editor and not in top section. Add it there and it should work.
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (390.06 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
stalwart

Karyn,

that'll be why! Thanks. Try it again..........

http://www.360imagery.co.uk/VT/shoulder ... start.html

Stu
fredaubailly

Hi Stu,

nice pano. I was wondering how many "sound spots" you got on this pano ? Only one rectangular directional ?
When I try to to the same, I got a faded sound ton zero when I'm right on the opposite face of the pano. Even if I set the rectangular directional to cover all the way.
The only trick I found is to use 1 surround spot and 1 rectangular with the same music file. The big inconvenient is that the swf file is heavier du to the duplicated sound file.

Could you telle memore about your settings.

Thanks.
Fred
stalwart

fredaubailly wrote:Hi Stu,

nice pano. I was wondering how many "sound spots" you got on this pano ? Only one rectangular directional ?
When I try to to the same, I got a faded sound ton zero when I'm right on the opposite face of the pano. Even if I set the rectangular directional to cover all the way.
The only trick I found is to use 1 surround spot and 1 rectangular with the same music file. The big inconvenient is that the swf file is heavier du to the duplicated sound file.

Could you telle memore about your settings.

Thanks.
Fred
Hi Fred,

The way I did it was to set the 'ambient' to 0.6, so I guess it plays the tune all the way round, just quieter.

Stu
fredaubailly

Thanks a lot. I didn't think to explore the ambient sttings. :?