new to QTVR

Q&A about the latest release Version
Jef

Hello, my name is Jef, I am a photographer of the old school, finding my way through digital photography, and completely new to QTVR. I have been using Autopano Pro for a good year, and now want to take the next step, QTVR...
I have downloaded Pano2QTVR 1.6.1, with the intention of bying Pano2QTVR Pro, if I can get the hang of your software.
The first problem I ran into is that on the first conversion that I tried, the image proportions have changed drastically... my 360 degree panorama, generated in APP, with image proportions close to 6 : 1 must now be something around 3 : 1, a completely squashed and distorted image... what am I doing wrong, or where in the settings do I have control over what is happening...

Jef
thomas
Chief Gnome

Have you generated a cylindrical QTVR or a equirectangular?
MfG, Thomas
Jef

Thanks for your reply... The 360 degree pano I generated in APP was spherical, which I thought is the same as equirectangular... so, I generated the QTVR as equirectangular.
After receiving your reply, I generated a new QTVR, telling Pano2QTVR that I had a Cylindrical pano, wanting a cylindrical file, and everything is OK... I am obviously confusing some terms... can you enlighten me please ?
thomas
Chief Gnome

I am not really familiar with APP so maybe someone else can step in... Also in my eyes "spherical" and "equirectangular" should be the same.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Equirectangular means any image that has a 2:1 ratio image dimensions.

Spherical means that the 2:1 ratio image dimension is displayed spherically.. or mapped across the inside of a soccer ball.

Yes it is true that normally equirectangle images are displayed spherically.

Just a thought
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com