Converting CUBE files into EQUIRECTILINEAR ?

Q&A about the latest release Version
JPS

Hi ! I'm new at spherical panos and PANO2QTVR, so i'm a bit lost.....

One question: how can i build a new equirectilinear image from the 6 "cube" files ? (i haven got anymore the *.PQP file)

Thanks for any help...

Cheers,
J-P.
360Texas

Fairly easy. You have the 6 cube faces in a folder.

Essentially, we must tell it that we already have cubed a panorama and all we are going to do is give the newly assembled panorama a new file name and then point to where the cube faces are located... and click Convert.. and it should do it.

Open Pan2qtvr

Click "Create a New Project" - When you click the button search for the folder with your 6 cube faces and then give it a new name.

Now you are on the Project tab.

Equirectangular image: write in the new name of the panorama you wish to create.

Project Type: select "Cubic" [notice the "equirectangular image" you wrote is now grayed out.

Notice the "Convert to Cubic" has changed to "convert to Equirectangular"

Then just below find "Cube face base name": asks for _[0..5].tif and a another button [...]. Click this button and search for the yourcubefacename_cube_0.tif and select it.

NOW look above and click the button [convert to Equirectangular]

After few seconds you should be able to locate your re-assembeld panorama in the folder where the cube face images ARE still located.

Let us know how it turned out please
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JPS

Thanks a lot, Dave ! Indeed it's easy, but although Pano2QTVR is a fantastic program, the documentation is not 100%...

Cheers,
J-P.