advanced video features request

Q&A about the latest versions
aruggirello

I was wondering if we could actually produce interactive videos "in the spirit" of games like Myst, Riven... well, as it turns out, Pano2VR is mostly up to the task, though a few simple but key features are still missing IMHO:

in particular I would like to suggest Thomas to implement one or more video events - when movie ends, or a particular "target frame number" is reached (BTW a matching event like "after N degrees" when auto-rotating panos would be nice, too).

Also, if we could specify a particular video frame number to position the (paused) video at before playing, that would be nice too...

Could we also have an option to choose whether to use the original audio from the video file being converted, or replace it with the "usual" background/3D mp3 sounds?

And, I'm not sure, can we define and use hotspots in the video, or at least, in the first and/or last frame? The latter would be really useful.

I imagine some of these features would be nearly trivial to implement for Thomas :wink:

I've a project that requires taking some 360° video footage, but I'm stuck for now, as I want to create several 360-degree video loops and the effort/equipment required is rather expensive... Am I missing something? Anyone got any ideas?

Andrea