Rotate skin element with pano P.O.V.

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
p1ll

I'm not sure wether to post this question in this forum, but here goes,

I want to have a skin element rotate based on the P.O.V. of the user (a little triangle rotating on the map showing pov)

how do I set the element angle to the pano POV? thanks in advance
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
When you have put the element in the skin editor, have a look at the modifiers.
Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
markpalmos

Hi Hopki,
I would like to know the same thing... how to make elements created in the skin to rotate with the pano rotation...
I am looking at the Modifiers, but have no idea what to do with them, what to choose to make elements rotate with the rotating pano...
I'd very much appreciate your input.
Thanks,
Mark.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mark,
First, what do you want to achieve.
If you want to make say a radar you would set North in each of your panos then use the modifier Pan North.
Or you can use the Modifier, Rotate with Pan.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
markpalmos

Hi Hopki,
What I was trying to do was to have an Element like Image/Info/Video moving with the pano as you pan/tilt the pano view.
I still have not achieved this but am about to post a batch question ;) with 4 questions and 4 observations. I would like to know if I can do this. On the facebook group you had mentioned I can use 3D distort, but I did not find this parameter in the Skin Editor for that object (Image/Info/Video).
Kind regards
Mark.
Hopki wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 pm If you want to make say a radar you would set North in each of your panos then use the modifier Pan North.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Open the attached project and create the output.
You will see a toggle button that shows and hides a text box that is attached/child of a Hotspot Template.
In the Hotspot Templates properties you will see 3D distortion selected.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
3DHotspot.zip
(12.41 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
markpalmos

Hopki wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm Open the attached project and create the output.
You will see a toggle button that shows and hides a text box that is attached/child of a Hotspot Template.
In the Hotspot Templates properties you will see 3D distortion selected.
Hi Hopki,
Yes, that works great, on your project ... and thanks for sending the project file.
On mine, I selected the ht_image element and on the right, under Hotspot Template, i selected the 3D Distortion.
When my image pops up it stays up and doesn't rotate with the pano, it just stays in the middle of the screen. Maybe it's because there are Mouse Click Actions connected to the hotspot. I guess I am not understanding what Hotspot Templates are. I have watched a Youtube tutorial on it but still don't get it.

tx
Mark.
Attachments
DSC04302 Panorama.p2vr
(8.21 KiB) Downloaded 162 times