Start of auto rotate after fully loading

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
Wim.Koornneef

I have an issue with auto rotate when flash panos are viewed on systems with a slow broadband internet connection.

Q1) Is it possible to start the autorotate of a flash pano not immidiately while loading but only when the mov is fully loaded.

Q2) If this isn't possible is there an option to set a delay of a few seconds before the auto rotate starts ?

Thanks, Wim.
360Texas

Q1) Is it possible to start the autorotate of a flash pano not immidiately while loading but only when the mov is fully loaded.

A1) You may use a Flash Preloader. Essentially that is a transparent .png .jpg or splash image. It is something for the visitor to read or see [read give the visitor something to do] while pano's are downloaded in background. Click on the FLASH PRELOADER TAB find the "Imagefile". Mine is called "loading.png".

Q2) If this isn't possible is there an option to set a delay of a few seconds before the auto rotate starts ?

A2) On the FLASH TAB locate the Autorotate block in upper right corner. Check mark

'Enable' and Delay 5 seconds
'only in if in focus' and Speed 1 slowest
'Return to horizon' slider point mid center

This will turn this delay feature ON after 5 seconds of no rotation while mouse pointer is over panorama, and will rotate at the slowest speed. If the visitor has tilted down or up off the horizon... when autorotation begins it will gravitate back to the horizon. Visitor will never become lost. Great feature.

To see examples of these 2 features click on the red/white stars when visiting this page

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/s ... change.htm
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Dave, Thanks for your response.

I looked at some of your flash panos panos and I noticed that almost all pano's are rotating while they are loading while the preloader image is visible. I tried it myself and my own flash panos suffer from the same behaviour

The option "only if in focus" blockes indeed rotation when the mouse is not in the image area but I am in doubt if this is the best solution.

I hope a new version of Flashpack will have an option to set a custom delay before autorotate starts and an option that will start autoration only when the pano is fully loaded.

Wim.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Your request came at the right moment. The brand new version 1.6.0 has this checkbox.
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

This is what we call "Just in Time delivery"
Thanks

Regards, Wim.