Improve corners distorsion

Q&A about the latest release Version
pepeR

Hi all,
first want to thank the creator of this program. wonderful job done here.
I was playing with it and my fisheye creating some quicktime vr of my flat.
One shot and running the programm. The result is pretty good but I have big distorsion on the corner and border line of my quicktime.
So here is my question :
Is there a way with pano2QTVR to improve that (or by a pretreatment by a third party program) and obtain relatif correct border ?

Thanks to all for you help.
rjvega

I shoot with the Nikon 10.5 fisheye and stitch with PTGui and use the output to Pano2qtvr.. result is perfection.

Ric
pepeR

Thanks for you answer Ric.
The real problem is that i only shoot one picture to create the panoramic. With multiple micture and correct stichin Igess that you must obtain fantastic results but in my case it doesn t apply no ?
Is there a way with PTGUI to improve corner distorsion on panoramic made only with one picture ?
Thanks again.
360Texas

Suggest you might consider showing us what you are talking about - 1 shot and rounded corners.

URL please
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
pepeR

In fact, I wish to take just 1 photo with my fisheye (Jpeg format) and create a mov file with Pano2Qtvr software. Today, I can do it but there is big distortions on the straight lines. I have found few softwares like PTLens to correct the distortion but it's not very easy to use and furthermore you can't correct with automatic scripts.

Example:
1. I took a picture with a Nikon camera and a fisheye lens ( ref: FC-E8 ),
2. I create a .MOV file by using the Pano2Qtvr software (I tried several Pano2qtvr configurations but without success)

You will find the sample files on this link:
http://www.bestsharing.com/files/Or0z8u ... e.zip.html

Thanks a lot for your help.
360Texas

ok got it. Now I understand.

You might consider using a tripod, panorama head with the lens set at the proper no parallax point, and taking 3 or 4 images around the horizon.

1 image will not make a full 360 or 180 degree panorama. Suggest taking 3 or 4 images and stitch them together using ptgui or panoweaver.

http://ptgui.com

Panoweaver Stitching Software

http://esd.element5.com/product.html?pr ... =200000079

Thank you for letting us help you.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Smooth,

The first .mov link takes me to a 404 page.
The second take me to Easypano's home page.

One item I did learn.. Panoweaver 5 will "stitch" a single full spherical image... it dewarps it like you have shown in the bottom image.

Are these your intentions ?
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
pepeR

Thanks you a lot for your help!!!! :D

I did see Panoweaver allows to perform the stitch batchs only on version 5.0. I didn't find informations about the stitch automatic batchs.

In fact, I wish to run automatic batchs by developing a program in order to correct my pictures and generate Quicktime file like output.

Do you know how to work the stitch batch with Panoweaver V5.0 tool?