Request for custom UserData fields and import of GPS data

Q&A about the latest versions
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

Q1) Is there any chance that you will build an option for custom UserData fields ?
Right now I use some fields for other purposes then they are intended for, all fields are used and I need some more so I like to have the option to add some extra (5?) fields (names could be custom1, custom2, etc).
I understand that not everybody is in need for custom UserData fields so perhaps an option in the prefs to toggle them on/off could be an option as well.

Q2) And how about an option to import GPS data?
Now GPS is adopted by a lot of people it would be great if you could build an option that can read the GPS data in the EXIF header of the input images and then put this data in:
- a UserData field (*),
- make a link to the location with a skin action (**),
- write it in the output (if the format allowes it).

(*) a long time ago I suggested this option and recently hum@no.id posted an article about the same subject so it is really a wanted option.
(**) with an extra button in the controller it would be then possible to open GoogleMaps and show the location. Perhaps there is another option, I am sure you get the idea and can figure out a smart option ;-)

Best,
Wim
thomas
Chief Gnome

This is now a long time on my "ToDo" maybe I should get started... ;)
I hope to add the GPS feature into one of the next (beta) versions... because the html-Template engine is able to write .kmz files since the beginning...
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

I already tried some script code for embedding the GPS data.
With the use of a customized HTML template and a UserData field it is relatively easy to embed the GPS data in the HTML file.
BTW, on OSX it is not possible to download a .KMZ file and then open the link in GoogleEarth without manual intervention so therefore my first option is to use a scripted link to GoogleMaps instead.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Wim
thomas wrote:This is now a long time on my "ToDo" maybe I should get started... ;)
I hope to add the GPS feature into one of the next (beta) versions... because the html-Template engine is able to write .kmz files since the beginning...