How many panos...

Q&A about the latest versions
Smourt

Hello

For once I am not asking for technical help with pano2vr...

I am considering a tour which is going to consist of around 100 images (spherical), each with information about the specific point...

What is the largest produced with pano2vr and how is it expected to load off of a DVD? My aim is to simply use a autorun.inf file to load.

Perhaps even software to install...

Anyone done this and what problems did you find? Anyway to preload the images?

Regards

Stephan
360Texas

Had to think about that one for a little while.

1 big issue we have had in the past.. the DVD's panoramas we created on a PC and the DVD would not be recognized by a MAC.

Create a mini HTML website just like for a server home page.. only put it on a DVD and have autorun.ini just boot the first web page index.htm

Might be helpful to keep a stand alone copy of Flash 10 on the DVD. (check copyright distribution on Adobe's website)

You can create LARGER 5 + mb flash pano's on DVD.

Pano's load up faster on DVD - 0 mb to download.
Smourt

Never considered that a Mac might not recognise it... no reason why... will look and report back

Regards the flash 10 it is possible to add it onto the DVD, just a matter of filling in a form online...

I noticed when a flash pano not necessarily pano2vr (other also) are left alone for a while the hotspot dont seem to work... it is as if the hotspot information is loaded into cache then after a while it drops the info... thought this might be a dvd cd thing but noticed it the other day...

Will report back on the mac bit in a little while

Regards

Stephan
360Texas

Reason I mentioned CD's and DVD's created on a PC topic is because I did do just that.. and closed the CD and sent it to my client who has a MAC (not intel). She put it in her DVD drive and the system would not recognize the DVD or play the .ini. She took the DVD over to a family friends PC machine and it would play. Back on her MAC and it would not recognize the DVD. After Googling the issue found that MAC's will not accept an autoplay.ini or autostart. Something about a MAC O/S security issue.

Way around the issue was to place all on an inexpensive USB thumb drive 2 or 4gb flavor. Then she could copy ALL to her computer and using her browser FILE | OPEN | INDEX.htm that would start the html page and panoramas.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
HansNyberg

Smourt wrote:Never considered that a Mac might not recognise it... no reason why... will look and report back

Regards the flash 10 it is possible to add it onto the DVD, just a matter of filling in a form online...

I noticed when a flash pano not necessarily pano2vr (other also) are left alone for a while the hotspot dont seem to work... it is as if the hotspot information is loaded into cache then after a while it drops the info... thought this might be a dvd cd thing but noticed it the other day...

Will report back on the mac bit in a little while

Regards

Stephan
Flash panoramas for offline use has to be create using the standalone flash viewer and by creating what is called a projector. Using Html files for this will cause a lot of problems with security. You can not see them unless you on each individual computer allow the access to the area on your computer /DVD the flash files are. This is done online only.
Unless it is just a couple of clients you can instruct what to do it is not useable.

The standalone projector is free to use but you have to create one for Mac and one for PC. You can not do both from PC or Mac from the standalone but I believe there are applications which can do it.
However if you do not want to have one large projector for each panorama you need to have the SWF connected in one Flash application. Not sure if it works with Pano2VR skins but I assume that it should if you connect SWF and not HTML files.

See also this thread.
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... ctor#p8167

Hans
Smourt

This is a serious learning curve!!! Easypano you just load it onto dvd and it is done for you...

I dont even know what a projector is!!!

Will decifer the link when I am more awake!

Thank you for the info!

Regards
Stephan