Object2VR Beta3

Q&A about the latest versions
JeffN

I see that a new beta3 version is out. A couple of questions before I install it.

1) do we need to remove the old beta2 version first? or move it out of our applications folder.
2) does our current sr# work with the beta 3 version.
3) can we keep and run beta2 with beta3 on our system (just incase there are two many issues with beta3). Need to keep the workflow flowing as this is not a hobby. 8)
4) Will all previous object movies created in beta2 open in beta3 and be editable, or do they have to be remade in beta3

Thanks for the updates.
PhotoSpherix

Jeff,

Remember that all of these comments are on a mac.

1. I started out running the new beta from the desktop. I had no troubles going from one install to the other. I then started working on hotspots. Once you do this, if you edit a skin you use in the older version, you could get interesting effects. So a warning THE SKINS ARE UNIVERSAL.

2. Your SN works just fine

3. Yes refer to answer 1 and remember the skin thing

4. I can not answer this one. I never saved one project out of the 2nd beta. I do now, or i get the black frame issue.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
JeffN

I do now, or i get the black frame issue.
What do you mean by this?

Can anyone list what the new features, improvements, fixes that are in Beta3?
PhotoSpherix

In beta3 you get an alternating black frame if you do not safe the project before you load the images. My work flow previously never included a save of the project. I didn't care, most of the time it was dump 20 or 40 images in and run. No major interface work. Now I have to save the project or my images don't get loaded in. Thomas knows about this issue and is working on it.

Short list of additions
Tons more skin options and hotspots. Oh yeah and some changes in the lightbox thing.

The major fix that I notice is when you load 120 images on the Mac, it does not skip the first and then load 19 for my first row and then skip 2 and load 18 for my second row.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography