Same background sound

Q&A about the latest versions
esteban

Hi,

I would like to put the same background sound in a virtual tour including 4 differents views. I don't want to use the template html editor and the xspf player because I'd rather use the own pano toolbar to change some settings for the sound...
Then I tried to set for each pano the same background music but each time I open the new panoram the song restarts. How can I avoid this ?
I have seen a demo sent by a user on the forum (Hopkimedia) and it seems to work. He used hot points to change the view. I use thumbnail button with an action "open a new panorama". Is it the root of the problem ?
Thanks for the answers.

Stef, www.b2vt.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Drag a sound file in the skin editor, call it ID: BG.
Now set its volume to say .5, then in an element, any element in the skin, button etc set the action when loaded play Sound BG. Make sure you have it looping to its max 1000 times so it does not run out.

You can then set buttons for volume and pause sound.
To set volume to a button

So, Vol Up button, either mouse click, or mouse press Change Volume, level +.01.

When pressed it will go from its init volume of .5 to .6, that’s if you set it to .5 as above.
With the mouse click it will go up .01 at a time, with mouse press it will go up and up until you let go.

Foe sound down, it’s the same but use -.01 in the Vol Down button.

See it working Here

Cheers Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
esteban

Thanks a lot Hopki it works awesome...
Cheers
Stef
360Texas

Hopki,

I think that audio really works well. Sounds like it is a music loop ? [Celtic Women did a beautiful rendition on public TV the other day]. Haunting.

Good application of music volume up/down. Button clicks were a bit loud... but served their purpose.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Could have gone mad and put up down buttons for all sounds.
However could have just set all to 0.5 and used Maser volume up down and just mute background and FX separately, as a thought.

Did you like the hotspot text boxes, they are always on top, I did put a post up about it as it was a hot potato some time back.
Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

There is one slight problem with this method, if you mute the sound then go to a different pano that is not loaded, after it loads the music will start.
Tried setting Init rather than loaded as the trigger but the skin does not display. The way around this is just to turn the volume down or get the mute button to set the volume to .0 and the back to .5 rather than stop and start.

I will look into this.

Regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com