Pano2vr 4/5 prob, blank screen/no controller !

Q&A about the latest versions
visual360media

Hi all.

Have finally taken the plunge and gone from the qtvr to the new pano2vr last night, and now just got the upgraded
v5. In 4, and now 5 when creating the flash pano, in outputting flash 8, movie shows up, but no controller, (loadin bar ok)
and outputting flash 9, the screen is white blank, and the top left of window says flash 8 ! Weird ! I see others on my pc
ok, but not my own.
What is difference between skins, controller?
How do i get them to appear ?
Why is the check box for flash context menu greyed out? (to get rid of the gnome software ad, as i have full license!)
Why do we not have a full pdf instructions for this software, so every item is covered, as a full in depth manual would be a great help.

Thank you for your help.

John Goulding.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

Also I have flash player version 9,0,115,0 installed,

thanks.

John Goulding
Kind regards,

John Goulding
thomas
Chief Gnome

John Goulding wrote: Have finally taken the plunge and gone from the qtvr to the new pano2vr last night, and now just got the upgraded
v5. In 4, and now 5 when creating the flash pano, in outputting flash 8, movie shows up, but no controller, (loadin bar ok)
and outputting flash 9, the screen is white blank, and the top left of window says flash 8 ! Weird ! I see others on my pc
ok, but not my own.
I guess you don't have the Flash 9 standalone player installed. Please download the player from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... _debug.exe . It should also work fine if you open the panorama in your browser window.
What is difference between skins, controller? How do i get them to appear ?
The skin is embedded into the Flash file and works only with Flash 9, the controller is an external file that is embedded into the panorama at runtime so you need to manually copy the file in the same directory as the panorama.
Why is the check box for flash context menu greyed out? (to get rid of the gnome software ad, as i have full license!)
Because you can only disable the context menu with a company license (as explained in the tooltip). See also the discussion at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... ?f=6&t=869
Why do we not have a full pdf instructions for this software, so every item is covered, as a full in depth manual would be a great help.
Because the wiki at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pano2VR_-_Help is much easier to maintain and to search. Also the tutorials at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php should help you to better understand the application.
MfG, Thomas
visual360media

ok, thank u, great, i now have the controller.
Where did it mention this in the instructions ? (hence my comment re pdf the wiki is rubbish)
Great software but, yes, followed the link and it seems others are thinking along the same lines
as me. If this software is good it will sell via word of mouth, i have paid for a full license, and,
being a one man band, why would i purchase a company one, just to remove the ad ???
No thanks, i dont see the logic or your argument.
Without being rude, I really think you need to sort your site and goals out, as i wasnt sure which version
to upgrade to as it is not clear on your site. I presume Pano2qtvr flash pak is being fased out which is why i hopefully
made the right decision, and chose this one. My other option was flash panorama player for only
£33 !!! Convince me i have made the right decision because at the moment to be honest i dont think i have.
I am very tempted to dump this after one day and go for panorama player, and ask form a refund..
Why is your product better and worth more than panorama player, with your ad as well, and the wikipedia instructions
which only touch the surface. We need proper instructions for this amount of outlay.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

Where does it mention on your site that you get the right clik ad on the PRO single user license ??

(PRO being the operative word...)

and not on the 'many pc' one,

thanks.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
thomas
Chief Gnome

John Goulding wrote:ok, thank u, great, i now have the controller.
Where did it mention this in the instructions ?
It's mentioned here in the forum but yes this is a bug for now. That's why it is still beta.
Great software but, yes, followed the link and it seems others are thinking along the same lines
as me. If this software is good it will sell via word of mouth, i have paid for a full license, and,
being a one man band, why would i purchase a company one, just to remove the ad ???
No thanks, i dont see the logic or your argument.
Have you ever right clicked onto a Flashpanoramas panorama? This is not an ad. This is an acknowledgment. If you think that way also Adobe has its ad in there. Maybe you should also try to convince them to remove it as well.
Without being rude, I really think you need to sort your site and goals out, as i wasnt sure which version
to upgrade to as it is not clear on your site. I presume Pano2qtvr flash pak is being fased out which is why i hopefully
made the right decision, and chose this one.
As long as Pano2VR is beta I want to keep those two things separated. Otherwise people feel be tricked.
My other option was flash panorama player for only £33 !!! Convince me i have made the right decision because at the moment to be honest i dont think i have.
I am very tempted to dump this after one day and go for panorama player, and ask form a refund..
Why is your product better and worth more than panorama player, with your ad as well, and the wikipedia instructions
which only touch the surface. We need proper instructions for this amount of outlay.
I would say my product is different. As far as I know the Flashpanoramas player don't has a GUI, doesn't support Flash 8, doesn't export QuickTimeVR, has no built in HTML export, no remapping, no droplets, no native cylindrical panoramas, no full panoramic video, doesn't export just one SWF... but it has other nice features.
Also I didn't force you to buy my product. You can test it as long as you like in trial mode and compare it to Flashpanoramas, Immervision and all the other products out there. I am a one man band in a very niche market and I am simple not able to produce a 200 page PDF. I try to document as many things as I am able to handle in my 80hrs work week, but to be honest I prefer to add features to the software then to write and maintain a documentation.
MfG, Thomas
smooth

thomas wrote: Have you ever right clicked onto a Flashpanoramas panorama? This is not an ad. This is an acknowledgment. If you think that way also Adobe has its ad in there. Maybe you should also try to convince them to remove it as well.
I class it as an "ad" also.

Pro should be "Pro" Single or Company license with no link-backs ad when displaying our panoramas and tours.

I support and love the product but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Thomas. The fact you added this along the "way in the beta builds" is disappointing for the Single "Pro" license user. Personally I'd like to see this corrected or a new naming structure put in place.

Maybe a Single User License and Multiple User (Company) License for "PRO" versions with the exact same features.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Hi Thomas.

Ok, thank you for the quick replies and please accept my apologies if i came across
as a little rude as i was getting very worked up over the flash output not working.
Having played further with the software and having it working i can now fully
appreciate how good this product is and how easy to use it is. I also appreciate all the hard work
people like yourselves put into products like this. I do however like to have a manual, (pdf), to
refer to so i may work things out for myself instead of waitin for posts to be replied to, though
i must say your responses seem very quick so far. Maybe something to consider for the future.
I also agree with smooth, i wasnt expecting a right click 'ad' with a pro version, again, something to
consider. Otherwise a great product you have here so expect a few posts here from me if i get
stuck.
All the best,
John Goulding.
Kind regards,

John Goulding