How to replace nodes in Pano2vr

Q&A about the latest versions
Egami

hello guys
how to replace a node or a number of nodes in the tour browser with a new one , the only way i can think of is to name the new nodes the same as the one i want to replace and add them to the folder which contain the pano2vr project file (.p2vr) then deleting older nodes , is there any other way to do this , i wished if there an option in pano2vr to replace nodes in the tour browser just like in PTgui (Add,Remove and Replace), I'm asking this because i have build a skin for huge project with only a demo nodes , now i want to add the actual nodes to the skin

best regard
Egami
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Egami,
Select the node in the tour browser then under the input section click the Select Input button and then open the new image. This will replace the image while maintaining the same node ID.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Egami

Thanks a lot Hopki ,this is a an awesome tip to me , it will save me a lot of time , i have tried it and i notice i have to write the names of the nodes in the title of the user data before doing this otherwise the new node will not take the name of replaced one and that will make a miss, i mean the new node will keep its name and that will make a miss. is that correct ?
is there any way for the user data to take the name of the node in the title automatically instead of writing it ?

best regard
Egami
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Egami,
Pano2VR will not over write the userdata title.
Remove the title before adding the new node then the new name will appear.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
tksharpless

Having replaced images this way in 4 of 14 nodes, I find those images are not converted to tiles when I click generate output.
What is the best way to make that happen?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
How Pano2VR works is it looks at the timestamp of the 360 panoramas and output tiles.
If the input 360 panorama timestamp is newer than the output then it will generate new tiles.
Under normal conditions, the output will be newer than the input so, therefore, no remapping will happen after the first creation.

To confirm this operation, use any panorama and make a new project and create an output.
The first time it does this you will see Pano2VR remapping the image then create the output.
Then click the create output button again, it will skip the remap and very quickly finish.

Open the 360 panorama in say Photoshop, then do a Save As, replacing the panorama.
Then in Pano2VR select the create output button again, it will remap and create new tiles.

As an example...
Input pano date: 9th March 2019 at 12:00
Created output: 27th April 2021 at 20:49
After the first remap, Pano2VR does not generate new tiles.
Opened the panorama in Photoshop and Saved As.
Pano date is now: 27th April 2021 at 20:52
Opened the same project and selected Create Output, Pano2VR remapped and created new tiles.

Of course, if the changed pano is older than the output, then it won't create new files.
In this case, you can go into the tiles folder in the output and delete the nodes you will change.
Or just do a Save As with any new input images.

Pano2VR also has a bin button that deletes the contents of the output folder, this is used if you have done lots of development and changed images etc in the skin or panoramas. Select this and create the output, it will then generate the project from the start and the output will only contain files used for the project.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com