How to get rid of loading text and bar?

Q&A about the latest versions
rumormill

Why won't the loading text and bar disappear after my SWF has 100 percent loaded?
360Texas

Please show us a completely loaded panorama with your loader bar still displayed. URL ???
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
rumormill

Okay, I will post it here when I get to work. I appreciate your help!
rumormill

*UPDATE: We've increased the preview tile quality, and the "cubic" look is now gone. But it still appears to not load completely on the first test. But when we simulate download in Flash (T1), it loads perfectly. Weird, right?! Loading bar and text still not disappearing.

Okay, here is the project. Please click on the red flag on hole no. 1 to see the fuzzy panorama and loading bar that stays on the panorama, even though it appears to be fully loaded:

http://azstarnet.com/subsections/includ ... ftest.html

We have the panorama loading into an empty movie clip. We're using Flash 8 on Mac OSX, and viewing it in Safari.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
360Texas

Hi rumormill.

Ok, I borrowed a cached file from your website for testing...

panohole1.swf 914kb

Using my stand alone debug version of Flash viewer, I looked to see if panohole1.swf loaded properly by itself. It did. The loader bar disappeared.

Noticed that panohole1.swf seemed to be embedded in FLASH application.

I know very little Flash programming, but is the panohole1.swf on a movie track all by itself? Does it have a stop frame? If so maybe you might need to move the stop frame few more frames to the right.. allowing the preloader to complete loading.

Just a wild guess.

By the way.. nice real movie with the fellow who talks about the course.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
rumormill

Thank you for the compliment! I really enjoy the panoramas and hotspots on your Web site, too!

It seems the problem is pulling the external SWF file into an empty movie clip within Flash. I'm wondering if it's possible that the code produced by the latest version of the pano2vr does not like Flash 8 or AS2?
360Texas

Flash 9 and AS3

Also some AS3 loading snippets at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... ?f=6&t=788
Dave
Visit 360texas.com