Android Issues

Q&A about the latest versions
hmontero

Hello Everybody,

I´m having issues with a tour with 8 panos viewed in Android devices; the same tour configuration runs ok in iOS devices.
The configuration I use is so simple as:

Pano2vr 4.5.1 (Mac)
Cube face size 1100
Image quality: 80
Mobile (3): 1100-800 / 900-800 / 500-400
HTML: fullscreen, gyroscope, true north

While you are rotating the pano, “in each transition to the next cube face”, the image distorts geometrically!!

Attached is a screenshot of the issue.

Any help to solve this issue, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot!
Attachments
sample.jpg
sample.jpg (130.15 KiB) Viewed 12793 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I moved this to the Pano2VR forum as you posted in the wrong place, no big deal but your get more replays if people know its here. :D

Which Android device and more importantly which browser?
The old browser which just had the name "browser" caused many problems for HTML5 panoramas, and this looks like classic example.
The Google Chrome browser that replaced it is far better and all should work.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Do you have a URL so we can test with other browsers ??

URL please
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
hmontero

Thank you guys for your replies and comments.

I tested in a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the name of the browser is just “browser”.
The URL you can check the tour is:

www.museosdefensa.gob.ec/360/rv/ctratados/giron.html

Thanks for your valuable support!!
360Texas

I checked using our iPad 3, iOS 8 and Safari. And PC, Win8.1 and Chrome version 39.x

I found that you enabled gyroscope. Manual touch rotation conflicts with gyroscope attempting to return to the gyroscope centering. So as I use my finger to swipe to the right... the gyroscope immediately returns back to the left. Performance is jerky because rotating using gyroscope and physically rotating about the room... interferes with momentary finger swiping the screen to another location.

Small differences in the map. On the PC screen.. click or tap the lower right corner brings up your hotspot node map. On the iPad 3 background is a grey and on the PC the background is brown.

Other than these opportunities, its a great project. Where in the world is your photoshoot location ?

Thank you for showing us your work.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Chu

hmontero wrote:While you are rotating the pano, “in each transition to the next cube face”, the image distorts geometrically!!
I cannot replicate this issue. I use a Samsung Note 3 running Chrome v39, and the hotspots connect without distorting the tiles.

One major issue (at least, for me) is the counter-intuitive navigation choice of inverting the mouse controls. Clicking the pointer would, to me, mark the position you wish to move. For example, by dragging the clicked point right, you would expect that point in the tour to move right. My recommendation is to tick the 'Invert Controls' in Mouse section of Controls in the Advanced Settings tab of the output parameters. This mirrors Google Maps & Street View behaviour as a reference. I would also be tempted to increase the sensitivity of the control too.
360Texas wrote:I found that you enabled gyroscope. Manual touch rotation conflicts with gyroscope attempting to return to the gyroscope centering. So as I use my finger to swipe to the right... the gyroscope immediately returns back to the left. Performance is jerky because rotating using gyroscope and physically rotating about the room... interferes with momentary finger swiping the screen to another location
I would agree entirely. Maybe use a javascript gyro.disable/enable action for a new button in the GUI? (mentioned here)

Is it necessary the hotspots depict a hand/pointer icon? It appears out of line with the other branding graphics and may be recognised earlier if it were a simple circle outline perhaps, or the archetypal arrow.

The auto rotate icon does not turn off the gyroscope either so it doesn't auto rotate the tour, instead it snaps to the fixed location registered by the gyro. This button too could have a javascript gyro.disable function as mentioned above. Its frustrating when interactions have negative results, something either doesn't happen or something unexpected happens. This all adds to a less beneficial experience for the end user.

When viewing the tour on the Samsung Note 3, the max zoom gives a less than rewarding resolution too. Maybe increase the minimum zoom allowed in each node?
Apologies for attaching a same size image, this is at maximum zoom allowed (>5?)
Apologies for attaching a same size image, this is at maximum zoom allowed (>5?)
android-zoomed-in-.jpg (881.39 KiB) Viewed 12722 times
The HDR photography is an absolute joy to view, especially when viewing within 360s as the narrowed viewing portal is a limited view.
360Texas wrote:Thank you for showing us your work.
Great work - please share with us the next phase.

Chu
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
hmontero

Thank you guys for your interest and commentaries about my work. I will check your suggestions to improve them in the final work.
The locations are in Ecuador and the whole project includes Web Site, photography, 360 VR and mobile apps: iOS & Android.

By January the whole project will be published.

Best Regards.