"out of Memory" @ hotspotscreation

Q&A about the latest versions
Cirrus

So, First of all: Hello. Since I'm new on the board, a small hello should be welcome imo.
I'm Roelof de Vries, dutch panoramic photographer since 2006 and user from Pano2QTVR since I started. Recently I switched to Pano2VR because the flashquality was a lot better...

As said in the topic title, I have a problem with creating hotspots in 2.0 beta 4. When I load a equi-image and convert it to cubic-faces and want to add hotspots, I press the Modify-button for hotspots. The application asks me if it should make .png files and I hit 'YES'. After that I get an error-message that the hotspot editor is 'out of memory' an the whole application shuts down.

I searched a bit on the board but couldn't find anything about this. Does anyone have a clue?

THNX in advance!

-Cirrus
360Texas

Welcome to the Forum Cirrus,

I am currently working with 2.0b4 but not yet creating hotspots. Maybe someone else here on the forum might be able to help you.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

You should know that "out of Memory", sometimes trouble hardware (Mac or PC)... maybe error on OS... maybe pano-content files... maybe Thomas:)

much it's difficult in such situations is define... clairvoyants on a holiday
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
akash

I'm having the same trouble as well... the hotspots didn't give any problem last time...but now, as soon as i make cube sides and then try to place hotspots...i get the "out of memory" error...

Regards,
Akash
thomas
Chief Gnome

How big is the pano you are working on?
MfG, Thomas
Cirrus

Eeuh, When importing the equirectangular-file it has a size of 10.500x5250px which creates cubefaces of almost 3300x3300px. All Tiff-files and 42MB each. I hope you can help me :)

*edit* THNX, after your post I tried it with smaller cubeface-sizes and ik worked fine. Conclusion: 3300px cubefaces are too large!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Cirrus wrote:Eeuh, When importing the equirectangular-file it has a size of 10.500x5250px which creates cubefaces of almost 3300x3300px. All Tiff-files and 42MB each. I hope you can help me :)

*edit* THNX, after your post I tried it with smaller cubeface-sizes and ik worked fine. Conclusion: 3300px cubefaces are too large!
With beta5 you can turn off the "cross mode" in the settings/preferences so you can edit only one cube face at a time. This should allow larger cube faces.
MfG, Thomas
RichardHC

I have the same problem -

but notice that the first time I use the program after booting up the hot spot editor works fine.
But the second time I try to use it (for example to add another hotspot or change the first one) the program has a memory problem and crashes.

The warning says: Hotspots:pano2vr.exe
The instruction at "0X00456d4c" referenced memory at "0x1ad51920". The memory could not be "written".
The program vanishes.

I am using XP Professional 2gig RAM, no other memory problems (at least not with the computer :D )

After that if I restart the program and it fails every time I try the hotspot editor - until I reboot. I have tried it using rectilinear and cubic variations.

I think this is a serious bug that has to do with memory not being re-allocated after the hotspot is used.
Richard Chesher
Noumea New Caledonia
http://www.vanuatu-vacations.com
RichardHC

I forgot to mention that Thomas' work-around does work - just go to file, settings and uncheck the hotspots box. This solves the out of memory problem and probably this should be the default. It seems to work perfectly with this unchecked anyway so I'm not sure what the edit cube faces as a cross is supposed to do if it IS checked :?:
Richard
Richard Chesher
Noumea New Caledonia
http://www.vanuatu-vacations.com