Hotspot IDs giving me a headeake

Q&A about the latest versions
Antoniobai

hi guys,

I made a tour with few nodes and every single point hotspot, no matter what ID, skin-id, in editor and in hotspot placement i give them, seem to pick up the main one, I'm posting images here but seriously, this is illogical, I keep matching these IDs and nothing keeps changing... take a look;

I've been at this for 2 hours now, i hit a wall, can't move.
I need to have hotspots separate templates with separate IDs and it's not working.
Antoniobai

I'm actually having the same issue with object2vr, all spot hotspots i make, no matter what combination of ID's and skin ID's in editor and in hotspots window, it still doesn't work. the first template from the top get's assigned to all of em...
CBosch

Hi,

as I think you have a definition problem. The Hotspot for the chair has a ID "aeron" in your hotspot-editor. In your skin you declared a "hotspot aeron" which is not the same. So rename your hotspot from "aeron" to "hotspot aeron" for the chair or rename in your skin the ID for the chair from "Hotspot aeron" to "aeron".The expression hotspot is a part of your ID!
Have a nice day

Christian
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just to confirm.

You add different hs templates in the skin with unique id's. Example if you have a hotspot template to link to another node you may use the ID hs_nav. Then a hotspot template to open a web page may use hs_url.

So in the hotspot editor, the hotspot that links to another node will have hs_nav in it's Skin_ID and the hotspot that will open the web site will have hs_url in it's Skin-ID.

It is the Skin-ID that is used to select which hotspot temple is used in the skin editor for that hotspot.

Christian is spot on your hotspot template and your Skin_ID do not match.

Hope that clears this up.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Antoniobai

thanks I actually figured it out, I'm having a problem now, making a button hide those hotspots. For instance I tried toggle element alpha and visibility options on any object related to hotspot and nothing works, I tried setting up containers and I also tried putting it all under the button itself then try child parent functions. Is it possible to toggle hotspots on off ? hide child objects ?
Hopki
Gnome

At the moment it is not possible to hide a hotspot image and keep it hidden when changing nodes.
The hotspot template resets its state on a reload.
This will be addressed as its on the todo list.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Antoniobai

:( well then, is it possible to hide hotspots in OBJECT2VR or anything in child tree of hotspots in O2VR, this is really important feature.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes you can have a button to toggle visibility.
For addressing many instances of the sane element, example:
point01, you would use the %, so mouse click, toggle visibility, %point01.
The should hide all point hotspots.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Antoniobai

I understand but I am having a difficult time hiding hotspot templates and anything beneath them. I have a 360 spin project that has a fiew hotspots that i can't toggle hide show alpha etc... it doesn't want to work for some reason
Hopki
Gnome

Please find working project attached.
The project has two hotspots which the button toggles the Alpha.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Object_Hotspot.zip
(886.96 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Antoniobai

hopki, thanks again !