QTVR >> Flash9 Droplet converter don't add controller

Q&A about the latest versions
Wim.Koornneef

I created a Droplet for converting QTVR panos to Flash 9.
Unfortunately the skin controller is not added in the Flash output when using the Droplet.
Perhaps a feature or a bug (beta4b) but is there a workaround ?

Wim.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmmm.... it works for me. Did you use the "fast convert" method, or a regular droplet where you defined the skin?
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,
thomas wrote:Hmmm.... it works for me. Did you use the "fast convert" method, or a regular droplet where you defined the skin?
A regular droplet with a standard (not modified) controller (slide).

I encountered the problem on my iMac (G5) but I just found out that the same droplet +QTVR is converting fine (with controller) on my MBP (intel).
So I guess it is safe to say that it is a Mac G5 only problem.

Hope this info helps.

Best, Wim.

PS, thanks for the workaround, I will do the conversions on the MBP ;-)
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, this a good hint.... I was just testing on Intel because my G4 Mac mini is VERY slow. I will report back in 1 hr when the machine has booted is running ;)
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, didn't take that long. ;) Also on this machine the conversion worked correct and the controller showed up.... hmmmm.... Can you send me (or better include it to the post...) the project file?
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

thomas wrote:Can you send me (or better include it to the post...) the project file?
Sorry Thomas I can't.

I found out that when using the droplet the popup items don't show up (even after enabling all 3 options for it), only the converted Flash pano is created (without controller) so the creation of the project file you asked for is skipped.

On the MBP the popups of the same droplet works fine (but on this machine the controller is also created).
BTW, when I open the droplet on the iMac (double click on it), drag a QTVR to the input box and then create a Flash pano the controller is created.
I don't think you can use a droplet or a projectfile that is created on the MBP so I didn't attached it.
If you need more info please let me know.

Best,
Wim.

EDIT:
When dropping a cylindrical or an equirectangular on the droplet then the controller is created, so the problem only occurs with QTVR input.