Chrome?

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi!
Since a few days I can not view html5 files offline in Chorme. Yes in FF and Safari.
Does anyone experience the same? Even projects created weeks ago didn´t, so it is not a mistake in the output settings.
They open in Chrome only thru the output window in Pano2VR but not when open the html file as it did before.
Thanks and regards!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi frodo,
To my knowledge you have never been able to view HTML5 content locally with Chrome.
You need to open it through the Pano2VR. You could do this if you select embed xml found in the HTML5 output's HTML tab.
This then embeds the xml data in the html page so not having a separate xml file.
But the latest version of Chrome brakes this. Open it through Pano2VR or upload it to a server to view in Chrome.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
frodo

Hi, Hopki!
Thanks for your reply, but until a week ago I could open it locally. Yesterday one of my clients wrote me an email asking why he could not open my files anymore in chrome.
He thought that it was because of something I´ve changed in the settings.
I embed the xml files.
So no more offline viewing in Chrome? Only thru Pano2VR.
Regards, Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You could have switched to CSS3D rendering but Thomas tells me that Google have also reintroduced a bug in CSS3D.
So for the moment Google Chrome is a no go area until they fix it.
Firefox or Safari is know to open content locally even without embed xml elected.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/