map with hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
ftrippie

Hi guys,

sorry for crossposting, I already posted this in Skins, but I reckon it should be here (and nobody answered there).

My question/problem is the following; for a client with a flash website, I need to deliver a multitude of virtual tours(map with hotspots and panos) in 2 sizes; inside the flashsite in medium format and in fullscreen.

For the full screen, I imagine the map inside the panos and to make it easier programming, I should do the same for the medium format.

Using the container example, I could program the medium format, because that will have a fixed size, but expanding that to full screen will show the pano with jagged edges outside of the map/container area if the screensize is not exactly the relative format of the map/container (wider than high for instance, which happens with most widescreens)

I noticed that using the Skin Editor, I can quickly create a map with hotspots inside the flash pano. The hotspots pointing to other panos have:
As Action: Goto URL
As URL: the other pano
As Target: here I get into problems, I would like it to open within the same flashwindow (the actual file) and reload with an other pano... If I use _blank or another pano.swf, it will open a new browser window.

I reckon the thing is to use a flash container (as in the container example), but I am not sure if that's do-able using the skineditor. Anybody please?

Cheers
FTrippie
thomas
Chief Gnome

After reading it again now another idea came to my mind. Did you tried to use target: _self to open the fullscreen in the same window?
MfG, Thomas
ftrippie

Hi Thomas, thanks for replying.

Yep, with _self it will definitely stays inside the same browser window, but it will open the linked pano at full size. In other words, if the original pano is not using the full size (for instance, in HTML, at 80%, 80%) and you click on a hotspot opening pano2.swf with _self, then this pano2.swf will stay in the same browser window but show at 100%, 100%.

If I don't use HTML (which should eventually be the required result, as with the container) but open the pano1.swf in the Adobe Player and then click on the hotspot for pano2.swf, it will return a security warning:

SecurityError: Error #2137: Security sandbox violation: file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/FTrippie/My%20Documents/pano1.swf cannot navigate window _self within <unknown> (allowScriptAccess is ). Attempted URL was pano2.swf.
at global/flash.net::navigateToURL()
at SkinObjectClass/::doClick()

Cheers,
FTrippie
Roy Reed

ftrippie wrote:If I don't use HTML (which should eventually be the required result, as with the container) but open the pano1.swf in the Adobe Player and then click on the hotspot for pano2.swf, it will return a security warning:

SecurityError: Error #2137: Security sandbox violation: file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/FTrippie/My%20Documents/pano1.swf cannot navigate window _self within <unknown> (allowScriptAccess is ). Attempted URL was pano2.swf.
at global/flash.net::navigateToURL()
at SkinObjectClass/::doClick()
This might be because you're running from a local drive. Have you tried the same thing from a web server? Security levels work differently then.