is this possible with panor2vr?

Q&A about the latest versions
kasenyee

hey folks

wondering if this type of feature is possible to do with pano2vr:
http://www.heritagetrust.on.ca/Heritage ... entre.aspx

The creator set up links so that as you walk through, you can see the same spot set up for different event: corporate, wedding, casual dinner etc… without changing view states or starting over. obviously the room was shot 3 different times and shot from almost the same spot. Any clues if this is doable?

thanks
hum@no.id

If all be carefully considered, then possible. In the top menu needed dynamic values ​​that can be selected from the placeholders, to display the same spot. Also possible other original solutions through other elements of the Skin Editor.

Everything will depend on creator of tour (his resourcefulness). BUT it's definitely possible to do!
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
360Texas

yes, transitioning fading from current pano to new pano assigining the hotspot link with the Fov, angle of view and tilt down features.

And I noticed the panorama is FLASH in my Chrome Browser.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
kasenyee

wow, I have no idea what you guys are saying. Any chance I can ask for that to be repeated in at a 5th grade level?
360Texas

With Flash Output you can turn on the transitions on the /Visuals\ tab. Pick a transition type like "cross Dissolve"

Then I suspect you will need to create say 1 point hotspot in Pano 1 and 1 point hotspot in Pano 2. Point Hotspots should be positioned on the floor /ground in same location in both hotspots. Then in each hotspot entrance / exit Action/Modifiers tab use mouse click and Go to URL (name of next panorama).

Hotspot template properties can be found http://ggnome.com/wiki/Hotspot%20template%20properties .

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Hotspot_Editor_( ... n_Hotspots.

I suspect also that the flow from one to next pano would be visually smoother if the camera/tripod imaging location were rather close together say... 3 meters or 9' feet.

Point hotspot graphic are by default a red target. It is possible to substitute your own graphic.. typically a transparent 24bit .png.

I have proved to my self that sometimes I am not smarter than a 5th grader (age 71 this year - retired at 56 from engineering back in 1999)... so you will need to get creative and read through the tutorials and wiki pages for additional help. try to build one of these... then show us your work in progress... and maybe we can help you along towards completion.

Its not what you know... it more about knowing where you can go to read about it. GGS has been building a really great Documentation section here in their site.
http://ggnome.com/wiki
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
kasenyee

Hey Dave

thanks for the reply

Say Id like to add the feature "see what this looks like at night" to this tour with a single universal button that always knows what node I'm on and the FOV/zoom/tilt settings to apply (to mimic the ones that are current by the user.
http://www.alexanderpomnikow.com/test/c ... lli_5.html
thanks
Alex
360Texas

Wow ! Is this where you are located ?

While living and working in Saudi Arabia for 13 years we visited Nairobi 2 or 3 times. Stayed at several game park hotels while on safari.

I suspect you could place an "At Night" hotspot in each of the panoramas. On clicking/ tapping this hotspot would it would jump to a night panorama. Of course the night panorama would need a Daytime hotspot.

Your universal "At Night" button probably would only be universal in style... but I think it would be necessary to have 1 night button in each daytime panorama linked to that particular night panorama. Maybe some other forum member might be smart enough to know how to do a "toggle on/off" light switch button.

We really should see a Zebra stripped travel van parked in the car park. LOLLLLL
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
kasenyee

this is actually in Kampala, Uganda. I didn' have a whole lot of time to shoot i so couldn't quite stage it the way I would have wanted to.

I'd like to avoid a specific button for every pan, can you make a universal on, like in the original example, that always know where I am and what night pan to move to? maybe via node markers?

thanks
alex
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Alex,
Making each pano with its own project file you would make two tours, one in the daylight and one at night.
You would try and keep the same shooting location and P/T/F.
Ideally shoot during the day, then leave the camera until the evening then shoot the night shot. You would need to do this for every node.

Then with using user data fields you can add the night version of the same panorama in say the information text field and then in the night panorama have its day counterpart in the Source text field.
Example:
Day Panorama:
Userdata Information: night_pano_01.swf

Night Panorama:
Userdata Source: day_pano_01.swf

Using the P/T/F $cur, this will use the current pan, tilt and field of view from one pano to the next.

The button to switch to night view would have the action, mouse click open next panorama, URL: $ui, P/T/F: $cur
Then the night to day button would be the same but using the placeholder $us

This can also be done with Pro and a single project file, but you would need to add the {node01}, {node02} etc to the user data.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hum@no.id

My old simple example - Day & Night - http://gumirj.com/nd.html
(flash only)
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
kasenyee

looks good, might be the best option, because I don't think I understood Hopki's detailed instructions.

thanks
Alex
360Texas

You might want to just try it and then tell us how it worked for you.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

Uncle Dave is always right ...
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
If you let me know which version of Pano2VR your using Ill make a quick example, it probably sounds harder than it is.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kasenyee

I am currently on 4.1.0 64 bit Cocoa… what ever that means.

Cheers!