Android specific problem in HTML5?

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

Following a lot of examples, I have added a button to a panorama, to switch a map "on" and "off" - to make it visible, or to hide it.

It works great, and does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Only on Android devices, and only when using the HTML5 version, there seems to be a problem: If I switch the map off, it comes back again after a fraction of a second.

Very strange, and very annoying! Is this known behaviour, a Google feature, or have I missed something?

An example can be seen here. With Flash installed, it will use the Flash version, where the problem doesn't exist. On Android devices without Flash I have the problem.
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
360Texas

Other observations:
Using IE 11 ver 11.0.7 on IE 8.1

Your panorama loaded the FLASH version even though IE 11 is HTML5 content aware.

I searched for the Map button.. but can not see it. Is it turned on ?

I see the icon o(I) information box with functioning visible/hide feature along with the normal buttons +, -, start/stop rotation, and [/] full screen button.

Curious: noticed that this panorama appears to be a cylinder ? or a truncated full sphere.
If pano is a cylinder and with "FLASH" output did you select "Tile Settings" Correction: [x] no 3D distortion. ? Because it appears that the horizon is curved. No 3D distortion will flatten the horizon by removing the curvature.

A cylinder in HTML5 the No 3D distortion correction seems not to be available.

On a 2 day flight stop over, many years ago we visited London but not this particular location. Thanks for the show and tell.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
HaraldJ

Thanks for the response!

The panorama uses Flash if installed - to get it into fullscreen mode is much easier in Flash than it seems to be in HTML5.

Since it uses OpenStreetMap, the Flash version doesn't have a Map button as web based maps seem to be unsupported in Flash.

You raise a very interesting point about the curvature - I'll have a look!!!

By the way, is there a known trick to get rid of the Google logo in the map when NOT using a Google map?
Harald Joergens
jare

Hi!
What actions are used for the show/hide map button?
On desktop the button works fine but sometimes happens that on touch devices one have to press a button twice or more times before it reacts.
Especially there are troubles with doubled buttons layered over where pressing button 1 hides it and shows button 2.
HaraldJ

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your response! I have used the normal "toggle element visibility" action, and it works perfectly well on iOS devices.

It does work on Android devices too - the map disappears, but it comes back after a fraction of a second.
Harald Joergens
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
What browser are you using, some work, some not so much.
I just ester with Opera and works ok.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HaraldJ

Hi Hopki,

My main concern is Chrome - as far as I know the default browser on Android. If someone uses a non-default browser, I'm not that concerned if it all works perfectly, I guess the majority will stick with the default (where I would hope everything worked well).
Harald Joergens
mr_cg

I had similar issue on my android devices.
Then i changed in the skineditor the source to "mouse down" (german: Maustaste gedrückt) instead of "Mouse click".
After this modification no more issues on Android and Windows PC.
adriansinc@gmail.com

I guess you fixed it? as it works fine on chrome on my galaxy note 2 phone.