are my settings right?

Q&A about the latest versions
KWimberg

I would like to check my multiresolution settings with you to make sure my tour loads optimally. This is my first tour - just roughed out now. It is a museum and I have a board of directors presentation coming up.

My roughed out tour with 12 panoramas:
http://www.wimbergproductions.com/panos/eaa/eaa-1.html

My images are 11,036 x 5518

Level Tile Size: 344

Levels
344 - load at startup checked
(is it necessary to add the top level: 2752? Seems like this might just add unnecessary files for large screen venues)

Advanced settings: color is selected but it is not loading in color
Enable html file
HTML5 with flash fallback player checked.
Full screen

There seems to be quite a bit of lag time in loading, especially on ipads.

Thank you for your help - I would love to have this load right up quickly
Kristin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kristin,
I can confirm your preview track is not colour.
However testing beta 2 it does work for me?
Try deleting your output folder and change the setting for the preview track to type Sepia as this is easier to see.
Then open the tiles folder for that panorama and you should see them, make a note of the file name then republish in colour.
Colour preview tracks are harder to spot in the tiles folder.
So just to recap, HTML5 output => Advanced Settings, then under the heading Download/Preview set type to colour.

As far as your levels are concerned they are ok as 344 equally fits in to all the other levels so no odd sized tiles.
As for using the top level 2752, this will depend on how far you want the viewer to zoom in. As you zoom in past the bias setting in the multi resolution tab the next level is loaded, and as you keep zooming in you will load the tiles from each higher level until you reach 2752.
This also happen on small screen devices.
Remembering that a level is only downloaded when called for, e.g. as you zoom in, so although you have to upload lots of information the viewing device will only download what it needs. So should not effect the initial loading as you won't be opening with the large level.
Well not unless you are opening with a very large screen to start with :D

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KWimberg

Thank you. It is good to understand that the higher tile level enables increased resolution for zoom ins.

Another question about the tile functions for optimizing loading time:
If my hotspots are pointing to a panorama that is set to open at a zoomed in FOV, does it take extra load time to access that tile level? Would it be better (faster) to access the pano at its default FOV, then have the user do his own zoom in?
For example, if my panorama loads at a default FOV of 70 but I prefer an FOV of 35, will this take longer to load?

Thank you, Hopki.
Kristin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Kristin,
If you select the lower level to load at start up it should load quite quick then load the higher resolution in the viewable area.
It will add some time but I would not of thought that much.
Best thing to do is try it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/