Flash 9 and Screen locking up when viewing Full Screen

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Have been looking on the forum, lots of info to do with flash 9 and screen locking up when using full screen but cant quite see if there is a work around.
Can anyone help.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
erik leeman

Hi Hopki ! (edited to sound a little more friendly)
I don't think anyone can help you unless you are (at the very least) a little more specific about the nature of your problem.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thanks for the reply, I have never been on a forum before so sorry if I came across sounding a bit funny.
I will try and better explain the problem.
When viewing a flash 9 Pano made using pano2vr then clicking on the full screen button the screen locks for about 20 seconds, try to move again and the same thing happens. If you press the Esc key and the Pano returns to normal size then there are no problems. This is a funny one as not all computers seem to have this problem. This happens on my wife’s laptop and on one of my customer’s computers also.
My wife is running a Laptop PC with windows XP Media addition which has IE 7. I have seen some posts about this but can not find if any one has managed to solve the problem.
Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
erik leeman

Same problem here, but with IE6 on WinXP Pro. Only one of my computers has it, and i had a suspicion it was caused by Firefox being installed on the same machine. If you've seen it happen on PC's with only IE on it, we can rule that out.
SOMETIMES, immediately after booting, this PC of mine seems to be cured completely, only to hang again after a few minutes. Very strange....
Normal size shows only a very slight pause with the first movement, but it always did that with Flash panos.
I do see patterns of alternating overly sharp and very blurred areas in normal size (non full screen), a very ugly effect that i think i didn't see before.
Would be nice to know what causes all this and what to do about it.

Regards,

erik leeman
erik leeman

In another thread i already posted a possible solution i stumbled upon, but to make sure everyone who has this problem sees it i'll mention it here too:

Rightclick in a Flash pano screen to show the contextmenu.
Click on 'Settings...' to reveal the option 'Display - Enable hardware accelleration'.
If it is checked, UNcheck it.
Close the contextmenu.

This cured the problem i had with IE6 and Flash 9.0.115.0, but i don't know yet if this solution is a permanent one.
It just might work with other computers as well, so please let us know if it does!

Regards,

erik leeman