Problems loading html5 panos on iPhone/iPad

Q&A about the latest versions
panoqbr

Hello,

Im having difficulty viewing HTML5 virtual tours on my iPhone. My website is built with Weebly and they offer two options on uploading panorama type files: Flash (.smf) and custom HTML code. Uploading flash panoramas is a breeze and are easily viewed from my Safari browser on my Apple computer. I have also embedded an iframe code in the custom html panel that will access an HTML5 file from my host. This is also viewable on my computer but if I right-click on the virtual tour it seems to be bringing it up in flash. Although it is viewable on my computer via Safari, it is not viewable on my iPhone. From watching the tutorials here on the Gnome website, I do believe I have created all of the pano files and uploading them correctly. Ive enable flash fallback, mobile resolution files at 1024 pixels, etc...and uploaded all of that info a folder on my host server.

Id really like to be able to correct this problem and view my virtual tours on my website with my iPhone device. I could always create a link to my 360cities account, but for future customer request I need to be able to inform them on how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
When you build your outputs make sure you do not output an HTML page for flash.
The iframe must point to the HTML page for the html5 output. It sounds like that it's using the HTML page from the flash output.
The best way to do this is not to make a separate flash output, just have an html5 output.
Then in the HTML tab select flash fallback player.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KWimberg

Hi Hopki,
Just confirming this workflow.
For playing on all devices, using the new V4.5, we only create multiresolution Html5 with flash fallback player. We DO NOT create a flash output?
Hopki wrote: The best way to do this is not to make a separate flash output, just have an html5 output.
Then in the HTML tab select flash fallback player.
Regards,
Hopki
Kristin
Hopki
Gnome

Yep,
To be clear for anyone looking at this thread.
Flash fullback File: This is where you have a separate SWF file made from a Flash output.
Flash Fullback Player: This creates a SWF player that uses all the files from the HTML5 output and does not require separate Flash output.
Limitation is you can not use the Flash Fallback Player with a multi node tour with non Pro software.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
panoqbr

Thank y'all for the clarification. Id really like to use the multi resolution method you just mentioned but I don't have Pro at the moment. Sounds like something I may need to consider.
panoqbr

Just wanted to mention I finally got flash fallback to work. I emailed tech support (Martin I believe) and did what he suggested which was make sure the .swf file is showing up in the text box of flash fallback. It was showing up, but what I was doing was typing in the name of the file which wasn't working. I then typed in "output/name of file.swf" then it worked. I guess I had to clarify the name of the output folder but I don't remember seeing this in the tutorial. Anyways, so glad I finally got over this hurdle.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
To ensure the correct file path use the Open... button to locate your file when selecting the Flash Fallback File.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com