Free Software for Floor Plans

Q&A about the latest versions
russphotography

I stumbled across this great software (donation ware) for creating floor plans etc. It is called Sweet Home 3D and exports SVG and OBJ formats. I have created my first floor plan and imported it into Pano2VR after about 1 hour of playing around. Your can create textured floors add furniture etc. It looks great. Thought others would have good use for this as well.
360Texas

Russ,
Below is the page you are referring to
http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp

THANK YOU very much for this. FREE is GOOD. This software is justified a donation. I downloaded and installed the java version to my PC Win8.1. Tried it out. Really like the rubber band drag for creating rooms. As you draw the pointer has a tool tip that auto displays the value for line length drawn. Double click at the end.. it will release the draw action and then allow you to name the room and it provides calculated square feet dimension. Really cool and SIMLE. Sourceforge is a good place to look for this type of simple software that satisfies a Pano2vr need.

Just because its donation ware does not mean its a stripped down CADD program. It comes with room interior furniture.

Output to scalable vector graphic .SVG too.

Thanks for this... I really appreciate your effort.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
360Texas

Screen capture of the software
floorplan.jpg
floorplan.jpg (197.34 KiB) Viewed 3205 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Chu

If I can't measure it accurately or get hold of architect plans, I often use this free app. on me iPhone, MagicPlan.

It helps make the floorplan when you are on site without the need for a pencil and pad or even a tape measure.
Just my penn'orth
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971