Placeholder for specific node title

Q&A about the latest versions
Kifo

Hi

I would like to create navigation elements in the skin editor that are linked to the various nodes of my tour and indicate the node title on each element.
Currently I can only place fixed text there. Is there a way to access the title of each node by a placeholder, something like $ut[node6]?

BR
Kifo
Hopki
Gnome

Please see Issue #952
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
SAwity

Hopki wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm Please see Issue #952
Regards,
Hopki
Hello Hopki, I'm trying to do the same but the issue webpage you linked to cannot be found. How do I achieve this please?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can use a cloner element in the skin.
1) Add a text box to the skin and give it the placeholder $(ut), User Data Title.
Then give it the action, Mouse Click, Open Next Panorama, Hotspot URL, Target: Default View.
Put this in a cloner and it will make a text box for every node in the tour, when you click on the text box it will open that node.
Just because I can I also added an Active Logic Block to change the colour of the text box background and text colour.
Regards,
Attachments
skin.ggsk
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
SAwity

Hopki wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:03 pm Hi,
You can use a cloner element in the skin.
1) Add a text box to the skin and give it the placeholder $(ut), User Data Title.
Then give it the action, Mouse Click, Open Next Panorama, Hotspot URL, Target: Default View.
Put this in a cloner and it will make a text box for every node in the tour, when you click on the text box it will open that node.
Just because I can I also added an Active Logic Block to change the colour of the text box background and text colour.
Regards,
Hello Hopki,

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but i think i didn't explain my issue well. Let me do so now.

I am developing a project where I want to use a blank image in the tour as an information node, which will be used in text boxes in the skin. is it possible to create placeholders for information from this specific node/ blank image? My goal is to create a skin I can use as a template.

Thanks again
Hopki
Gnome

Hummm,
I have read this through a few times and I don't think I understand the question or need.

So far I understand you have a tour but some of the tour nodes are blank panoramas?
So a 2:1 blank image.
It is on these images you want the information to popup.
If so then tag these blank nodes.
You can then have text boxes display when tags contain xxx.
The text boxes can use any of the User Data text files and use place holders in the text boxes to display it.

In the attached project the text boxes show when the node has the tag "info"
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(3.63 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
SAwity

Hopki wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 pm Hummm,
I have read this through a few times and I don't think I understand the question or need.

So far I understand you have a tour but some of the tour nodes are blank panoramas?
So a 2:1 blank image.
It is on these images you want the information to popup.
If so then tag these blank nodes.
You can then have text boxes display when tags contain xxx.
The text boxes can use any of the User Data text files and use place holders in the text boxes to display it.

In the attached project the text boxes show when the node has the tag "info"
Regards,
Thank you for getting back on this Hopki. Let me explain some more.

I have a tour with some panoramas in it. I want to import 1 blank image and add text to the title description, url etc. I will then create a text box in my skin that displays this information from the blank image in the tour, regardless of which panorama I am looking at. So my question is how do I display this information from that specific node always? Something like how the master node works.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You could use a Node Changed, Set Value action to set the text to the text box.
Used with an action filter to only work with a specific node, some thing like Node = xxx
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com