Flash detection IE11

Q&A about the latest versions
fiero

Hello,

It appears that the code into swfobject.js does not detect correctly IE11 Flash installation with the option "Flash fallback player". Microsoft made some changes on IE11, for example, they removed "MSIE" from the userAgent string, and some changes in plugin detection (VBasic code is not available).

Do you have an updated version of swfobject.js ?

Thanks!
fiero
hum@no.id

Hello fiero and Happy New Year!
*that would write more - offtopic (hopefully forgive me rules of the forum).

I still use your awesome - DevalVR for the desktop as the player viewing the output result from stitcher.
And still hope Deval VR project will continue to evolve - as a convenient viewer for equi, cube strip, cross and more for output TIF/Jpeg files (Win /Mac).

I wish him to grow many more useful features...

Regards, humanoid
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello fiero,

the swfobject.js is just the code from https://code.google.com/p/swfobject/ . It looks like there is a new beta on https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject but I have not modified the code. What exactly doesn't work? For me it works fine on Windows 8.1 with IE11 and the fallback player is loaded.
MfG, Thomas
fiero

Hello Thomas,

ok, it appears that this was a fault of updating of any file in the system. When I updated my IE to version 11, the Flash plugin continued working fina, but some scripts like swfobject.js did not detect Flash. After a re-installation of Flash, the script detects Flash again. I'm sorry, this was my mistake.

hum@no.id, I continue working every day with DevalVR. Now, I use the player as capturing software for my spherical camera. Basically, the player is the firmware of the camera. I use the player to access remotely to the camera too, and see the real time panoramic video. So, DevalVR is alive! :-)

Thank you, and happy new year!